Custom Maps & Multiplayer

banjo

Hey, I'd love to be able to play some of my maps (and those created by others) with fellow players online. 

I've created a page on the wiki where you can download my maps. I hope others edit the page to add links to their dropboxes so that we can all play more maps. Let me know if you're interested.

• Here's the link to the page:http://0ad.wikia.com/wiki/Map_Sharing?venotify=created
  • If you prefer, here is a direct link to my 0AD Map Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7uss4ew7uhp8ik7/AADDCrms-a7YReJ56s3NxRsTa?dl=0
    • I'll try to keep my maps up to date with edits and the like.
  • File Paths (where you drop these files) for the map files (2 per map) by OS:
    • Mac: User/Application Support/0ad/mods/user/maps/skirmishes
    • Linux: Home/.local/share/0ad/mods/user/maps/skirmishes
    • Windows: I'm not exactly sure... someone please inform me :) However, it should be the same once you get to 0AD
    • If you have not made maps before, you may have to create the "maps" (inside "user") and "skirmishes" (inside "maps") folders, and then put the files in the "skirmishes" folder. 
    • You'll have to restart the game for it to update your map directory.
  • Here are the files for a sample map of mine (of the Eastern Mediterranean):

EM2v1.xml

EM2v1.pmp

Edited by banjo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the screenshoooots! Those incentivize players much more to download your content.

Some quick remarks:

• No matter what's the deal with the map, there should be 20-40 initial trees and 1 stone + metal mine
  • There are whales / sharks and fish?
  • Giant maps are just too big
  • Terrain shapes look interesting
  • Avoid repetition and empty areas. The eye should always have something to look at, independent of the viewed area.
  • The forests on Acadia are too dense, give the players some space to build a city.
  • Perhaps some gaia settlements could fill the void and provide strategic incentives

And yes, 0 A.D. lacks an online map repository! It is too hard to get custom maps played in the lobby.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. 

I do get caught up in the map and often forget about playability. 

Also, I like building way more than actual fighting, so I usually play on 1081+ pixel maps (double the size of giant). Otherwise i feel too crowded. I forget that most people probably do prefer the small maps. 

I'll definitely add some gaia.

Thanks Again

• 4 years later...
On 26/01/2017 at 12:56 AM, banjo said:

Hey, I'd love to be able to play some of my maps (and those created by others) with fellow players online. 

I've created a page on the wiki where you can download my maps. I hope others edit the page to add links to their dropboxes so that we can all play more maps. Let me know if you're interested.

• Here's the link to the page:http://0ad.wikia.com/wiki/Map_Sharing?venotify=created
  • If you prefer, here is a direct link to my 0AD Map Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7uss4ew7uhp8ik7/AADDCrms-a7YReJ56s3NxRsTa?dl=0
    • Windows: I'm not exactly sure... someone please inform me :) However, it should be the same once you get to 0AD
    • If you have not made maps before, you may have to create the "maps" (inside "user") and "skirmishes" (inside "maps") folders, and then put the files in the "skirmishes" folder. 

EM2v1.xml 1 MB · 123 downloads

EM2v1.pmp 2 MB · 118 downloads

Hello. I'm persian and I love your map the eastern Mediterran but now 0ad has updated and this map cant be on that please make this map for 0ad alpha 24

Please answer me and give me your Instagram account and your gmail 

• 2 years later...
On 26/01/2017 at 12:56 AM, banjo said:

EM2v1.xml 1 MB · 222 downloads

EM2v1.pmp 2 MB · 206 downloads

Hi

Now I have made so many maps for Iran in the Middle East 

I've made many real historical scenarios of iran and Middle East if any one wants to have Iranian maps and scenarios just let me know

• Like 1