Multiplayer on LAN

tbuk323

• 1 year later...

I would recommend hosting these online in a wiki or as google docs, to allow bookmarking and further modification, instead of having static files thrown at everyone.

Apart from that you should mention that these are very basic (no troubleshooting if it doesnt work) and mainly for Windows.

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, matttongg said:

Hello! Is there any tutorial for Linux? I'm a noob at Linux, so I don't have a clue how to do this.

Should be close to the same, but instead of ipconfig you should use

$ ifconfig

If you are on a distribution where it's not present because it has been deprecated, you can use

$ ip a

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I'm having some trouble getting a LAN game set up between my wife and I. I'm able to host and she can join without issue, but whenever she attempts to host I am unable to join her game. I'm following the same steps with her that she follows with me, and as far as I can tell everything is the same between us but I keep getting the "Failed to connect" message. Both systems are using Win10, we have the same version of the game and while I do have mods, they are all disabled. Any clue as to what could be wrong?

• 1 year later...
On 16/01/2017 at 7:17 PM, Stan` said:

@feneur @Stan`

A Spanish user has reported via IRC #0ad (19/Nov/21) that you cannot download the files by clicking on them. It does work by copying the link and manually passing it to the browser address field. Somewhere between now and Dec'20 the issue was introduced.

compare.thumb.jpg.9de379811e1dbef17ded79b0ced1ea3a.jpg

Edited by Langbart
  • Like 1