The Kingdom of Kush: A proper introduction [Illustrated]

Sundiata

13 minutes ago, Charles R Sabo said:

You have ignorantly stated that the Neo-Assyrian Empire ended and was then ruled under King Cyrus of Persia, when history clearly conveys that the Neo-Babylonians and King Nebuchadnezzar had defeated and ruled over the Assyrians; the Babylonians fell to King Cyrus and the Medo/Persian Empire in 539 B.C. How can anyone take your words seriously, when you twisted history so badly???

???

On 15/01/2017 at 1:47 AM, Sundiata said:

Kush and the Persians

By 609 BC, The Neo-Assyrian Empire had collapsed, and was absorbed by the Achaemenid Persian Empire under Cyrus the Great. His successor, Cambyses II, successfully conquered Egypt in 525 BC, ending the Saite Dynasty, after which he attempted the conquest of Kush

I think he is talking about the first post

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, alre said:

what would it take to turn the spare javelins? they pinch the shield.

To me, it makes sense that the spare javelins would be held inside the shield in some way. So yeah, I could make a variation that is vertical for those units whose shields necessitate it. It's not just this one unit that has such clipping.

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

To me, it makes sense that the spare javelins would be held inside the shield in some way. So yeah, I could make a variation that is vertical for those units whose shields necessitate it. It's not just this one unit that has such clipping.

yeah, it helps for unit identification too.

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

@CovenantKillerJ I think the more important question is if we have proof of the use of eles.

The production buildings are a game play mechanic; do we have proof of CCs, barracks, stables...

I was asking for someone else basically. Even though some have argued that it is simply Indian influence that led to the bronze statuettes of elephants and the column depiction at Aborepi, I feel that its much more likely that the Kushites did use elephants, especially if the Ptolemaics did.