Virtual Reality god view.

MrDeath

Ive always wanted to be playing an rts game as it would be on my table.

somebody has remade a rts game to work with the vive!(link below)

now is my idea/question to make this game work with VR headsets through the oculusSDK(oculus home) or openvrSDK(steamvr)

thank you so much! i recently came across this game and i love it already!!!

source : 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

That must be interesting in fat future,needs a lot moving in the engine.

yeah. especially having to render it twice for each eye. but it would be god darn amazing.

i think. the devolopers on this could request free htc vives or oculus rifts if they're working on this.

36 minutes ago, sphyrth said:

I've seen that cideo awhile back. Got me in motion sickness, so it's not my cup of tea. BUT I'm willing to bet that pyrogenesis has much better potential for VR than what they're currently using.

motion sickness? most of the motion sickness happens when the environment moves around you without you controlling the movement. how i see this game in VR is that you move in your own space using room-scale spacial tracking. so it'll be very hard to get motion sickness. and if the map is too big for your room, just teleport around so it doesn't make your brain go "poof".

you're absolutely right about this game having the best potential, since this game is opensource. 

i'm imagining this game in VR. it would be so cool dude!!! HYPE!

• Like 1

Very nice demonstration.  The visual effects really suit Red Alert's hi-tech theme, but how would it look in 0ad?  You mentioned a "god view", so would you literally be a god?  What would the world look like?  (A disc held up by four elephants riding on the back of a turtle?)  What would the pointers and menus look like?

I think this would require someone very talented and dedicated coming in and basically doing this on their own from scratch.  Not many people have this hardware.  I don't see it happening but you never know.

• Like 1