Please help us create an FAQ for the web site

As I mentioned in the below topic we would like your help to come up with questions to include on an FAQ page on the web site.

I'll start with two which are really common (though the first one has become a lot less frequent after the Alpha releases when people have been able to see for themselves what state the game is in):

Q: When will the game be released?

A: When it is done. Sadly we are unable to be much more specific than that, there are too many things we just can't know. We work on the game in our free time, so we don't know how much time we will have available for the game. We haven't created a game before, so we don't know how long it takes to do one thing or the other.

Q: Will you put the game on Steam?

A: We will look into getting the game on Steam to make it easier for people to find out about it, but not until we reach the Beta phase at earliest. We want the game to be as good as possible so people will not miss it among all the other games which are on there.

• Like 4

Q: How about more factions?

A: Currently, there are no plans to add any more factions until the game reaches Beta phase. However, there are mods that add the Faction you might be looking for. Rise of the East adds the Han Dynasty Chinese for example.

Edited by sphyrth
  • Like 1

Q: Will you add single player campaigns?

A: Right now there's only plans to implement the infrastructure/system for modders and contributors to make their own campaings, but at the moment we do not plan to make full history-driven single player campaigns.

(I know we may end up doing some kind of introductory campaign as tutorial for the game, but for the time being, I think stating that we do not plan to do a campaign for each civ is fair enough)

• Like 1

Q: Why do I have an error when I try to register another account ?
A : There is a limit in the number of account you can submit. Generaly one per hour.

Q: How can I destroy buildings ?
A: Just press CTRL + click when attacking

Q: How does trade work ?

Q: How does capturing work ?

Quote from @FeXoR

A : The buldings have "capture points" for all players. If a player reaches 100% of the capture points for that building (capturable entity to be more general) that player gains controll of that entity. Capture points can be gained by ordering units to capture that entity OR by that entity standing inside a players area of influence (the player colored borders).

So if you capture a building in enemy territory it will recaptured by that enemy over time. To prevent this you can garrison some units in that building which will counteract the recapturing. (If that building can be garrisoned that is)

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

I have regular questions.

• How get Marian reform in the get to unlock legionaries?
  • this game will be free ever?
  • Why my soldiers must to work and don't have male villager instead?
  • This game  will have Campaing mode?
  • How I can contribute?
  • where a can download the game?
  • the game have a store inside to get additional content like other "free to play"?
  • The game is F2P or Freemium or Pay to win?
  • you will add more civilizations to the actual roster?

5 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

So just put a little Frequently Asked Questions section on your Fb page where you actually answer them ;) then when asked again just point them to the FAC sectionB) simple for you too.

Enjoy the Choice :)

I want exactly oficial reply by team members, these questions are very common not only in my page in Yt so.

• 3 weeks later...

Q: Where and How to Report Bugs?

Q: Where can I give feedback?

Q: What to do if I have a question which is not part of this FAQ?

Q: Where to find the source code?

Q: Where can I find all Keyboard Combinations for the Game?

For example, things like Attack and Capturing or Grouping are not explained in the game. It would be helpful to have a page for default keyboard combinations.

11 hours ago, balduin said:

Q: Where can I find all Keyboard Combinations for the Game?

For example, things like Attack and Capturing or Grouping are not explained in the game. It would be helpful to have a page for default keyboard combinations.

Not sure this is worth having in the FAQ as well as it is included both in the in-game manual and the manual in the wiki which is linked from the in-game manual. If someone doesn't find the information in those places I'm not sure they would find it in an FAQ either :unsure:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If I may ask, once the game is in beta phase and it moves to steam, will you still put a non steam version your website for those without steam? Because some people do not like steam or buy from elsewhere. Battle for Wesnoth has both a steam version and non steam version.

Perhaps this should be a question,

" Does this game have mods?

Yes, the game has a built in mod downloader and installer, there are several active mods at the moment, the game is built with easy modding in mind. "

Edited by Rolf Dew

3 hours ago, Rolf Dew said:

If I may ask, once the game is in beta phase and it moves to steam, will you still put a non steam version your website for those without steam? Because some people do not like steam or buy from elsewhere. Battle for Wesnoth has both a steam version and non steam version.

Steam will always be an enhancement on how the game will be distributed. It will never be the only source...

3 hours ago, Rolf Dew said:

Perhaps this should be a question,

" Does this game have mods?

Yes, the game has a built in mod downloader and installer, there are several active mods at the moment, the game is built with easy modding in mind. "

Then just add it. It's a wiki, so everyone can change it.

• Like 1