===[TASK]=== Iberian Market

Juli51

About my next drawing I was trying to figure out a sub-saharian civilization like the nubians or the  Aksum Kingdom. Houses and markets, etc... just documenting myself. I still can't see how a mini faction could compete with a standard 0AD civ. or may I'm wrong about mini factions idea.

Great about the Sierra bug fix, I asked my employees to help me to get into building and compiling 0AD but we are very busy at the moment.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Mini faction is a lite faction. Isn't complex

Incredible explanation effort.

Mini-factions were thought to be non-selectable civs that would be in some scenarios/maps and they would be capturable for unit recruitment and some bonuses. We called them "mini" since they wouldn't need a full set of units and buildings as an standard playable civilization. You can think of them as capturable camps with IA controlling it until any players comes and takes control.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice.

The problem wouldn't be making the animation, but that it may confuse players being the only building with units as "default" where the rest of the buildings show units only when garrisoned so it may appear that the market has units garrisoned constantly. (Also put them in the rest of the others civ markets stalls too)

Regarding the structure, I think the stall cloth may need to extend a bit underground, specially the large one. Even if they're ground-anchored the bigger the prop, the easier to have it floating on uneven terrain.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm not sure its the cloth, we've worked with more limited palettes than this. It feels a bit empty, the problem with markets is making them look 'lived in'. First fix that comes to mind are carts with goods in them. I would second wow's request for some 'iberian banners' as well, perhaps draped in between stalls? I dunno, use your judgement. it does feel a bit like 5 stall props dropped around a fountain as is