Julián García Application Application

Juli51

1 minute ago, Juli51 said:

By the way. Did I pass the admission test?

in spanish because is hard, esto no es en si una prueba, para pasar la prueba tenes que ya haber tenido muchos trabajos hechos, ser paciente, soportar criticas duras. y dominar el ingles muy bien, tambien portarte bien  y no ser agresivo. ..basically be perfect  and nice person.

now with work done I mean , committed, I have plenty 2D work done (committed) there, but I'm part of soul team like Stan, older (2011 follower) , I help to search, love the history the RTS, but I haven't very good mood many times. I'm not the best with English.

And becomes part of team means lot of responsibilities and free time or both. moderating, little programming or mods skills (this take time).

Thanks for the advice. I just meant if I was admitted into the workforce to collaborate a few hours a week.:) I did meant the core team, that's not for me at the moment.

Gracias por la explicación Lion . Solo quería decir que si viendo una muestra de mi forma de dibujar soy apto para colaborar con vosotros unas pocas horas a la semana.

Hey! looks great! good job.

I'd drop the tower though. It's a good touch to have the tower siege engine of macedonians represented in the structure but I feel like it would obstruct the vision of quite a big part of the structure.

Regarding admission: the art department is completely open now. We openly accept contributions from everyone that has talent and wants to contribute with any 2D or 3D art asset to the project (with the author inclusion in the game credits of course) "Applications" are barely used for a long time, but it's a nice place to make yourself known to the community as a newcomer and to show the skills you posses. Since the art department became open, the team would offer a place on the official team to contributors who are constant on the participation of the growth of the project, have a good grasp of how the engine works, a good sense of the art direction, being able to accept critiques and work over them, and basically demonstrate that are capable of being productive independently (minimal input required). This is because we care so much about the project and becoming a team member results in having the rights to commit files to the main game repository.

Thanks Enrique, good to know. As I've posted before I'm just happy if I can contribute somehow with conceptual designs and maybe 3D models later on. Time will tell if I have to become a official member of the 0AD development team in the future, but that's too soon for me now as I've allready enough responsibilities in my day by day life. :-)  I just wanted to know your opinion about this first task and if I can keep going designing conceptual models for 0AD. I Would be very happy to do so.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Juli51 said:

As I've posted before I'm just happy if I can contribute somehow with conceptual designs and maybe 3D models later on. [...]  I just wanted to know your opinion about this first task and if I can keep going designing conceptual models for 0AD. I Would be very happy to do so.

Please do, Julián. :) 

Also feel free if you can improve any other art area with your concepts like building variations which are already in-game, ruins or any other 3D asset that you may think it could be interesting to add to the project.

The Carthage's temple need some improvement too, if you want to try your hand at that. Feel free to open a thread titled ==[TASK]== Carthage Temple  on the official tasks forums if you're interested in going for the concept.

• 11 months later...