Portforwarding with hotspot

Eidgeniesser

My internet connection comes from a mobile hotspot. so I dont know how to do the port forwarding part to play 0Ad online.

Also I dont know how Port forwarding works in general and what its for. So i have an app on my android which is clled port forwarder. Is it possible to forward the port from there and if yes how do I have to set the settings?

Or does the hotspot not work as a router? How would i enable MP then?

Would really like to play the game MP, so am thankful for any help.

Hello @Eidgeniesser

Is your connection stable enough for multiplayer ? 

To put things simply you won't be able to open ports for your PC if you do not connect to the router that provides the hospot (they usually have the hotspot +  the real network) 

Not forwarding shouldn't prevent you to use multiplayer, you simply just won't be able to host. If sadly it does, you'll have to use a VPN, such as frozenway to log in to mutliplayer games.

Welcome to the forums.

First of all, port-forwarding is needed to host games, you should be able to connect to other player games without any extra configuration.

1 hour ago, Eidgeniesser said:

Also I dont know how Port forwarding works in general and what its for

When you're hosting a game, it expects incoming connections on the corresponding device (your PC), but they actually come to your networking device (phone modem or whatever do you have), port-forwarding tells the networking device to 'forward' requests from a specific port on the networking device to a specific port on the device where you expect them.

1 hour ago, Eidgeniesser said:

So i have an app on my android which is clled port forwarder. Is it possible to forward the port from there and if yes how do I have to set the settings?

You need to check your PC LAN IP via ipconfig / ifconfig (depending on the operating system). And forward UDP port 20595 to it.

P.S.: second time in the day Stan was faster answering a network-related question :) but I'm posting my reply this time, since it contains some additional details.

• Like 1