Glory and Cult Statues

wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Basshunter said:

Yes.

I sent the files to Justus.

You're very skilled, wow... 

The statue isn't exactly suitable for the vanilla game because it seems to depict a Norman warrior, which is quite anachronistic. @Genava55's references are the ones to use if you want make a Gallic statue. That having said, perhaps replacing the Kite shield with a more fitting Gallic shield, or removing the shield altogether might be all it takes... Not sure about the helmet. 

But again, lovely work man!

These are my very low poly attempts for the new Gallic sanctuary:

Spoiler

Hooded Spirits (Genii Cucullati) and the standing man

144867398_Gournaywildfire.thumb.jpg.e4c94a2e7fd4447b29f8beec08149063.jpg

Slightly more accurate than a Norman warrior, but lord, your model looks so much sweeter... 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sundiata said:

You're very skilled, wow... 

The statue isn't exactly suitable for the vanilla game because it seems to depict a Norman warrior, which is quite anachronistic. @Genava55's references are the ones to use if you want make a Gallic statue. That having said, perhaps replacing the Kite shield with a more fitting Gallic shield, or removing the shield altogether might be all it takes... Not sure about the helmet. 

But again, lovely work man!

Reveal hidden contents

1665327368_Gournaystatues.thumb.jpg.ecc3f9a455bd844d8ebd43f2d8574b57.jpg

Slightly more accurate than a Norman warrior, but lord, your model looks so much sweeter... 

we can use in our beloved  mod 1000 A.D 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Mind sharing your process for this ?

Sure, no problem.

1) I started by sculpting the statue in Zbrush.

2) Then created a low poly version which I properly unwrapped.

3) Exported that low poly version into Substance Painter and baked the original high poly model as a Normal map.

4) From there, I just started painting.

Gaul_CultStatue_CreationProcess.gif

Edited by Basshunter
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nice building buddy. I like it.

15 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jmm...It seems that a timber figure would be more accurate. I'll be more than willing to create a new model. It's up to @wowgetoffyourcellphone.

Edited by Basshunter
  • Like 1

Nice ! So you use a lot of commercial software ( Nothing wrong with that) I was wondering since its way higher quality than the tower you made for Borg :)

EDIT: If you are up to the task it would be nice to have an Athena Statue compatible with our license :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Nice ! So you use a lot of commercial software ( Nothing wrong with that) I was wondering since its way higher quality than the tower you made for Borg :)

EDIT: If you are up to the task it would be nice to have an Athena Statue compatible with our license :)

I'll do the Athena Statue 

Regarding Borg's tower, I honestly think I didn't put as much effort as I'd wanted to. After offering to help him with the tower creation I had a disease relapse and completely lost motivation. That really penalized me. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Basshunter said:

Regarding Borg's tower, I honestly think I didn't put as much effort as I'd wanted to. After offering to help him with the tower creation I had a disease relapse and completely lost motivation. That really penalized me. 

That's on me :) I might have judged you which is bad by itself for me, and to make things worse, I did it too fast.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

Interesting Spartan statues from the comic book Three:

Dioscuri

RCO046_1583398511.thumb.jpg.f5d6f6eafed1cd93a3017b0762317a39.jpg

The ''Chained Ares''

RCO050_1583398511.thumb.jpg.a91c705e262e70a20ce0aa2d7feb1328.jpg

Statue of Aphrodite holding a spear

RCO064_1583398511.thumb.jpg.716f7969907c532d39496041af2b45bc.jpg

For Epirus other than Herakles; you could have a statue of Zeus since there was a large sanctuary dedicated to him at Dodona, or Achilles (Locally known as Aspetos, he was worshipped in Epirus and the royal line claimed to originate from him.).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lopess said:

Stan but about the sketchfab model, would there be no impediments for him?

Would be fine as long as you credit the original author. One could ask him permission too. However the model is no way game ready

image.png

See all those triangles?

EDIT: Would pretty great to bake onto a low poly model to get a perfect normal map.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1