[SOLVED] Can't host Multiplayer game (even LAN) ¿Port forwarding?

MrShiney

Hello, I love 0 AD but I have a problem setting a host, it doesn't matter if it's online or local network. I've open UDP port 20595 in my router, also I've added the port to windows firewall.

And every time I try to connect to the host I just can't do it. The game says that I probably not forwarded the port 20595. 

What should I do?

I'm lost. :wacko:

Edited by MrShiney

Hello Mr Shiney,

You cannot play on the lobby on a Local Area Network (L.A.N.) you have to use the other options to connect to your partner. You can get his IP, by opening the command line in his computer (ctrl + R and type cmd) and typing 'ipconfig' (without quotes)

If you want to play online and the forwarding doesn't work, that means that maybe your local IP, given by the router DHCP has changed, therefore forwarding the port to a wrong computer. The best thing to do in this case would be to make your local ip static to your mac adress.

Hope it helps.

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Hello Mr Shiney,

You cannot play on the lobby on a Local Area Network (L.A.N.) you have to use the other options to connect to your partner. You can get his IP, by opening the command line in his computer (ctrl + R and type cmd) and typing 'ipconfig' (without quotes)

If you want to play online and the forwarding doesn't work, that means that maybe your local IP, given by the router DHCP has changed, therefore forwarding the port to a wrong computer. The best thing to do in this case would be to make your local ip static to your mac adress.

Hope it helps.

Thanks stanislas69.

Okay, so lobby is not for lan. That was my second try, after trying to connect with "host game"/"join a game options". But I got the same error message with "host game"/"join a game".

I guess for lan playing I should give my IPv4 address, shouldn't I?

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Yeah give the IP adress of the host  to the clients, and you should be fine.

It just doesn't work.

What IP should I enter in PortForwarding section? The IPv4 of my pc or the generic router 192.168.1.0/1? Because I've entered mine.

If you want to host on the lobby:
   Forward your Port to to the local computer adress that will host the game.

If you want to play on LAN: 

No port forwarding required

Make sure that your local firewall doesn't block 0ad

get the host IP adress by using cmd

launch the game and press host

give the host IP to the clients that they will write in join

make them launch the game

and click join

writing your ip

and voilàa

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

If you want to host on the lobby:
   Forward your Port to to the local computer adress that will host the game.

If you want to play on LAN: 

No port forwarding required

Make sure that your local firewall doesn't block 0ad

get the host IP adress by using cmd

launch the game and press host

give the host IP to the clients that they will write in join

make them launch the game

and click join

writing your ip

and voilàa

It doesn't work. I get the same error message, something like "Cannot connect to the server, probably you have not enabled port 20595 in portforwarding.

Again. IP I should use is IPv4 address like 192.168.1.xxx

0 AD is allowed on windows firewall. Also I have MalwareBytes Antimalware and Antiexploit (both free versions), I think they have no firewall options.

Maybe I'm missing something about my router firewall or Windows. :(

9 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@MrShiney don't worry we'll fix it whatever it is.

I realize I forgot to ask: What version of the game are you using ?

I attached two files that might or might not help. The direct connect is in case you do not have access to the lobby, ie, school firewall.

0 A.D. Lan Tutorial.pdf

0 A.D. Direct Connect.pdf

Oh, man, that's very helpful.

But, I've solved the problem. It just was so stupid... My personal LAN was configured as a Public network, and I only granted 0AD private network access.

Thank you very much.

[SOLVED]

Edited by MrShiney
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/11/2016 at 2:55 AM, MrShiney said:

Oh, man, that's very helpful.

But, I've solved the problem. It just was so stupid... My personal LAN was configured as a Public network, and I only granted 0AD private network access.

Thank you very much.

[SOLVED]

I also did the same but the same problem remains. UDP port 20595 not being forwarded by the host/firewall/antivirus soft message is shown to my friends trying to join my game. What can I do? Is it because I have a shared IP?

Shared IP as in my ISP provides 2 types of connections. a shared IP connection is cheap & it is used by a few of us and a dedicated IP connection can be used by you and you alone. And there are some limitations to using shared IP also. I thought this forwarding problem is one of them. that's why I mentioned that could it be a shared IP problem.

26 minutes ago, YeasirX said:

0A.D.(pyrogenesis) has access through the Windows defender's firewall and my router's(tplink) firewall is disabled. I don't know if there's anything more I can do.

Access for , private, home, and public networks?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Do you have another antivirus? (Some come with firewalls)

No. I only use the windows defender and it's dedicated firewall. No kaspersky or other antiviruses installed. Another thing I want to mention is that this problem only occurs when my friends try to join my hosted game and vice-versa but, We regulary play at certain time on a game hosted by user1/ user2. Is this a country based problem or something? I am really lost here Stan :(