skirtai

Lots of people say that skirtai's are OP .. which is ridiculous as they are nothing else than swordmen with 3 stars . Absolutely nothing else. 

So people should better just say that :

- either, veterans are too good for their cost (100 in total)

- either,  other units take too much time to gain stars (experience) which gives Sparta big advantage to batch skirtais

--------

Can i remind 2 things :

- 3 stars units work much much slower

- Sparta has -10% pop penalty  :  in other words, an average player spamming with skirtai can be ruined quickly if he mess up.

-------

In my opinion, rather than starting to make arbitrary hardcoding to please some people which dont like skirtais ;  its would be FAR more conveniant to give skirtais 2 stars (rather than 3)

For the cost ,  skirtais are swordmens, and swordmen cost 100 in total ; thus, skirtais should cost 100 . The veteran spearman (2 stars) from Rome cost 50 food and 50 wood. 

--> Solution :  for each added star : swap 10 wood for 10 metal  ;  a two-star-skirtai should cost  : 20 metal , 30 wood and 50 food . As the regular swordman (1 star) costs : 10, 40 , 50 

SO just give skirtais 2 stars and possibility to gain experience by battling like other units to reach 3 stars

2 star units means that skirtai would lose their peculiarity. I'd prefer a slightly higher iron cost to a rank downgrade since skirtai aren't a must to train units, you can grow your eco without them anyway. Skirtai are useful in battles, so i'd train them when i need strong units to defend/attack. Downgrading them to 2 stars would be a big disadvantage

• Like 1