"subtypes": {
		"prestige": "Prestige"
	},
	"canTrade": false,
	"canBarter": false,
	"truePrice": 100,
	"aiAnalysisInfluenceGroup": "ignore"
}

Default is canTrade and canBarter = true.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

16 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

elexis's ticket would be nice, but mimo's comment is what i specificly talk about. like, the I would like to mod the default resource amounts to be something like:

500 food, 500 wood, 500 stone, 300 metal, 0 glory.

(So we'd end up with a dropdown where the host can chose between "Custom" and the options defined in JSON (i.e. resources.length more text inputs that are only visible when the custom element is selected).)

11 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

hi, another code suggestion is these:

{
	"code": "glory",
	"name": "Glory",
	"order": 5,
	"subtypes": {
		"prestige": "Prestige"
	},
	"canTrade": false,
	"canBarter": false,
	"truePrice": 100,
	"aiAnalysisInfluenceGroup": "ignore"
}

Default is canTrade and canBarter = true.

if we add canTrade and canBarter, shouldn't we also have canTribute? But on second thought, i don't see how we could have any resource which won't have all 3 values equals, so only one additional property ("exchangeable" or something like that) should be enough.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mimo said:

if we add canTrade and canBarter, shouldn't we also have canTribute? But on second thought, i don't see how we could have any resource which won't have all 3 values equals, so only one additional property ("exchangeable" or something like that) should be enough.

Actually, I would personally think that Glory or something like that seems like a perfect candidate for being tributable but not bartered/traded :P I mean you could see it as giving up a bit of your prestige in exchange for other benefits. And I guess you could envision a system where you could have e.g. gold given for trade, but have barter as a simple exchange of resources, without gold. Not sure how realistic/useful that would be, but I think that as long as something isn't making things too complex it's probably beneficial to give future modders as much freedom as possible :)

• Like 1

Well, in the case of Glory, i've some problems to imagine tributing it would have any kind of realism. I'd rather imagine something like you gain a bit of glory when you give resource to allies, but not that you can give the glory itself. Anyway, i agree that it won't make the code more complex (only the json file), so why not allow modders to do all kind of fancy things :rolleyes:

38 minutes ago, mimo said:

Well, in the case of Glory, i've some problems to imagine tributing it would have any kind of realism. I'd rather imagine something like you gain a bit of glory when you give resource to allies, but not that you can give the glory itself. Anyway, i agree that it won't make the code more complex (only the json file), so why not allow modders to do all kind of fancy things :rolleyes:

Not sure Glory is the best word for it, but if you see it as a symbol for e.g. a king giving a (practically meaningless, but prestigious) title to a lord or making a visit or something like that :) Then I think it makes more sense. Now of course there generally isn't a feudal structure, so at least for ordinary matches I guess it makes less sense, but for scenarios/campaigns it might make more sense :)

(Actually thinking about it a bit more I guess Glory or XP or something could be very relevant to tribute if you make a mod with either a focus of trying to gain the influence of a king or similar or something where you include some kind of questing. Then it might not be relevant to trade/barter, or even gather/gain it by doing activities, but just to gain it via tributes when you've completed an objective.)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
1 hour ago, Genava55 said:

Coal and charcoal are not the same thing. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomery

I have found some sources saying that coals were used in Han dynasty. I am not sure about other civilisations. Maybe it can be a resource exclusive to Han in game.

If coals were introduced, the demand of wood would drop significantly.

Edited by GrimPixel

9 hours ago, The Undying Nephalim said:

I hate to necro such an old thread, but was being able to specific the amounts of specific starting resources ever implemented, or am I forever stuck with all starting resource amounts being the same for every resource?

I'd like this feature for Delenda Est as well, so that players start with less coin and glory than the raw resources.