===[COMMITTED]=== Syrian Archer Helmet

Lion.Kanzen

Supposedly later Hellenistic archer have armor, but is debatable.

I have seen several references to the use of linothorax by Archers in the later Hellenistic Period. I have seen much debate on this issue, I am mixed, although the use of light armor by mercenaries or elite formations does seem logical to me.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=289960

IMG_3218.JPG

there a PDF in WFG DB discard the Syrians.

Cretan Archer: Toxótēs Krētikós

The most famous of Hellenistic mercenaries, the Cretan archers were highly valued throughout the Hellenistic world. The political instability and endemic warfare of Crete meant a steady supply of Cretans available for mercenary service overseas. Wearing a simple plain tunic, the chiton, maybe even linen cuirass, and bronze helmets the Cretan archer is also protected by a small, bronze boss-less round shield strapped to the forearm so as to enable both arms to be free to work the composite
bow. The small round shields were a distinctive feature of the Cretan archers and with the short sword the Cretan archers were able to engage in hand-to-hand combat. Cities of Crete encouraged the recruitment of their people as mercenaries overseas, reaching treaties with foreign rulers to facilitate the activities of mercenary recruiters.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 years later...

Not the best quality, but here it is:

1138289233_A24SyrianArchers.png.836c50a1270193108a52187ba6cee706.png

Basic and advanced still have Macedonian caps and previous alpha clothing.

Elites do not have the helmet and scale linothorax, bucklers should be out.

On another note, the Macedonian and Ptolemaic Cretan archers may have not been updated to like the Athenian counterparts.