Shoutbox

SGK7019

I would like to suggest the addition of a shoutbox to the Forum page. If you don't know what that is, I'll try to explain it:

A shoutbox is a box-shaped window that can be added on the Forum page, on top, bottom or between thread titles. In it, every member can chat with each other, have their querries answered or have a problem solved that doesn't need a new thread creation. Important announcements can also be made and they would be seen by more people as they need not look into the recent posts page. I hope this proposal will be considered shortly. Thank you. :)

Hmm, not sure it's all that useful in practice though. On the forums where I've seen it it's mostly been a few old replies and people asking if there is anyone online. We might want to change the "IRC" bit in the header of the forums to "IRC Chat" or something though to make it easier for people who don't know what IRC is to find the chat we already do have :) 

• Like 2