Royal Agema Pikes

Phalanx

I would like to discuss the possibility of adding the Royal Agema Pikes as a second champ for the Ptolemies.  It would do three things:

1, It would be historically accurate, as the Ptolemies did have an elite Greek citizen only phalanx (it was just small-ish)

2, It would balance the Ptolemaic roster, as right now with only one champ, they are severely under powered.

3, It would make the Seleucids not the best pike faction in the game, which is realistic, because while the Seleucid cav massively outperformed the Ptolemaics at Raphia (hence Seleucids being a good cav faction) the Seleucid phalanx was annihilated by the Ptolemaic phalanx.  It would balance both factions (right now, the Ptolemaics are a crappier version of the Seleucids) by making one, cavalry stronger, and the other pike stronger, creating a nice balance, and offering players a real reason to choose Ptolemaics over Seleucids depending on favourite playstyle, cav or pikes.

• Like 1

So, I tested 40 Egyptian pikes with Ptolemy IV (not in the fight, he was off to the side) against 30 bronze shields and 10 silver shields (all level 1) and the Egyptians lost.  Now, I replaced 10 Egyptian pikes with 10 Seleucid silver shields (as a place holder for the Royal Agema) and the Egyptians won.  @wowgetoffyourcellphone has already put them in Delenda Est, and they round out Egypt nicely.

Could I possibly get some discussion, I want to hear your guys' opinions!  :P

• Like 1