Rise of the East updated to Alpha 21

niektb

Nothing special to mention but Rise of the East has been updated to Alpha 21 (along with some fixes thanks to our great testers! :) )

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rote/downloads/rise-of-the-east-21

How to install:

1. Unzip the download but leave the inner archive intact.
2. Place the unzipped folder into /binaries/data/mods. You'll see another folder there called 'public'.
3. Launch the game and enable the mod in Options>Mod Selection. Press 'Start Mods'. 
4. Enjoy the mod

• Like 10

• niektb pinned this topic

Another thing to note: when I captured a Chinese civil center, it allowed me to train Chinese units even when playing as another civilization. I did not check all buildings, so I don't know if it was just the civil center. Normally, you can train the same type of units in a captured structure, but only from your civilization.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, WhiteTreePaladin said:

Another thing to note: when I captured a Chinese civil center, it allowed me to train Chinese units even when playing as another civilization. I did not check all buildings, so I don't know if it was just the civil center. Normally, you can train the same type of units in a captured structure, but only from your civilization.

This behavior happens also in Millenium A.D.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to just leave it like that for A21?! It would be more interesting to be able to train militarily units on captured military producing buildings. I've been waiting to have different units produced/captured from different factions but so far there's only ranged siege units capturable. 

I hope DE moders won't change it or rather have a setting for players preferences  featuring  to produce different units on captured buildings. For single player gamers I think it's a delight.    

• Like 1

@niektb idk if I understood what you mean but for single player mode slight differences in balancing don't really matter much. What could probably matter most are interesting game mechanics that could entice more casual gamers whom imo are more than multiplayer competitive  gamers in numbers. These casual gamers long for more variations from other medieval pc games. They won't care whether a particular Faction is OP or not they will just play because of interest, fun and enjoyable.

I myself is very interested to play RoTe and Mil AD which could give more variations but my lack of pc knowledge  is preventing me but will try again and again following the instructions. 

I've been playing Greek factions mostly as they are my favorite civilizations but it looks like too much factions doesn't make it more interesting if the variations are mostly on units. Athenian, Spartans and isn't it the Macedonians have almost the same buildings? Correct me if I'm wrong but they have the same "houses", markets, etc. The Seleucid is becoming my favorite because of the nice buildings and more units types. 

The Romans could be very interesting but will wait for Scipico to bribe some archers.

The Carthaginians seems to be a nice faction that could produce lots of different units but the buildings are not very enticing. 

The Mauryans favor my game style because of the working elephants but their buildings look like Indie. 

Sorry if I make some criticisms but I play the game in long hours on a single game that if I want to prolong or have a protractive battle I will be very happy to look at my enemy bases that they also have a nice one like mine. I think some eye candy trees and things can be incorporated on a map so that they won't look like a boring Civilization. I played on a Tuscan map with so much trees but after maybe around 20 hours when I scout  my 3 allied enemies are there's almost no more trees and they look so boring to fight anymore. All the animals are gone except for the ones I saved and herded behind my base corralled by palisades walls.

BTW the horses only run on or above .5 game speed?! We have walk and run specs on units but seemed to be attached to game speed...

• 10 months later...

No problem! I just wanted to know if there had been any progress lately :) By the way, it could also be good to include the chinese chariot that Justus added as a unit in Delenda est...Furthermore, the next change you could implement in this mod would be a new woman villager model for zapotecs, and maybe one special unit in the fortress, other than the ram? Just saying...

I can't figure out what wrong with the fortress template, but since it breaks all the templates I guess there is something bigger @s0600204 would know maybe...
It complains about static obstruction.

5 minutes ago, Tomcelmare said:

By the way, it could also be good to include the chinese chariot that Justus added as a unit in Delenda est

Pretty sure it's in TM, since I made it :P It's just not historically accurate this is why it's not being used.

5 minutes ago, Tomcelmare said:

the next change you could implement in this mod would be a new woman villager model for zapotecs

What's wrong with the current one ?

6 minutes ago, Tomcelmare said:

and maybe one special unit in the fortress, other than the ram? Just saying...

Don't they have the chinese shoushe ?

14 hours ago, stanislas69 said:
14 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

the next change you could implement in this mod would be a new woman villager model for zapotecs

What's wrong with the current one ?

Well, isn't it a placeholder (egyptian woman)? I think a unique model could be great! Lion's got references for potential model.

14 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Don't they have the chinese shoushe ?

You're right about that :) Yet, I'm pretty sure Han chinese used chariots, though not the same chariots, and not with such numbers as in previous eras...

• Stan` unpinned this topic