[a21 replays]

fcxSanya

2 hours ago, elexis said:

(cat commands.txt | grep -v hash > commands2.txt)

Useless use of cat. You could just specify the file grep should use. (See http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/grep.html.) Or since you are already using pipes, just use commands.txt as the input. That said this looks very much like a perfect use case for sed, which has the stunning ability to delete lines (http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/sed.html), and quite a few common implementations provide a parameter to do that replacement in-place (-i). Happy shell golfing.

• Like 1

All the replay commentary videos were already posted in the youtube topic, but I think it's still worth to link them to the respective replays here (please correct me if I mislinked any of them):

On 11/26/2016 at 10:01 PM, elexis said:

Map: Survival Of The Fittest

Players: elexis3 (1156), Kudriy (1272), frode (1100), siole, Nelirid, Hannibal_Barca (1546), duilio.92 (1322), thenu (1323)

Summary: Tiny Map (2 treasures every 4min), Regicide, High Resources, Last Man Standing, Revealed Map, 2x Speed.

• Too long pauses between the gaia waves, as we don't need 10min to build 3 houses. Perhaps the strength of the waves could also depend on the number of treasure placed, while still keeping a steady flow of enemies incoming (to keep the game interesting).

2016-11-26_0004.7z

[Anavultus] 0 A.D. Replay Commentary Part 1 Geometrically Confused

On 2/5/2017 at 2:17 AM, borg- said:

Map: mainland

Players: borg- vs Liberty

Summary: I got in trouble in this game, I almost lost. Liberty used rush skimisher cavs, and i fast p2. 

He came with many horses, and I had nothing to defend. 

This game was a lesson in patience and how to turn a game almost lost.

borg- vs Liberty.rar

[Amphibian Hoplite] 0 A.D. Alpha 21 - My First Crappy Gameplay Commentary

On 11/27/2016 at 6:47 PM, borg- said:

Map: Mainland

Players: borg- (2039)(Persia), UBOSS (1203)(Spartans)

Summary: Map for 2, Conquist, Normal Resources, 1x Speed.

borg- vs UBOSS.rar

[Anavultus] 0 A.D. Replay Commentary Part 2 Assimilation

On 11/30/2016 at 1:14 AM, elexis said:

Map: Empire

Players: notanymorebannedopguy, nigel87, elexis, greenpower vs PhyZic, Grugnas, ffm, Cesar

Summary: Regicide. Empire map starts with two civic centers for each player. It was an actually good game.

2016-11-29_0007.zip

[Anavultus] 0 A.D. Replay Commentary Part 3: Top Tier Team Regicide

Can't find the replay for this one:

2017-02-27_0005 fuego.rar from here:

[Amphibian Hoplite] 0 A.D. Alpha 21 - Gameplay Commentary (Iberian Siege Power)

On 12/4/2016 at 3:09 PM, JC (naval supremacist) said:

Here, i played for the first time versus the new good player defenderbenny

2016-12-02_0016.zip

[Anavultus] 0 A.D. Replay Commentary Part 4 A Challenger Approaches

On 12/5/2016 at 3:55 AM, PhyZic said:

Map: Mainland

Players: borg-(2043) [Rome] vs PhyZic(1586) [Sparta]

Summary: Conquest, low resources, borg- had 1 iron more.

2016-12-04_0011.rar

[Amphibian Hoplite] 0 A.D. Alpha 21 - Gameplay Commentary (Swordsman Spam)

Edited by fcxSanya
Added missing replay (thanks @sphyrth)
  • Like 3

The Iberian Video was from the "Testing Propositions" Thread. @Feldfeld and @soloooy0 posted their replays trying to prove that Booming Only is not the only viable strategy.

I forgot which one of them I commentated on, but here's the list.

On 3/2/2017 at 0:21 PM, soloooy0 said:

iber fire horses 

2017-02-25_0005 iberos.rar

2017-02-27_0005 fuego.rar

and athenes and rome vs sparta epic end 

2017-03-01_0006 final epico atenas vs sparta.rar

And here is feldfeld's replay pack.

• Like 2

1vs1

athenes vs galus

galus strong economy full pop vs me .....

2017-03-14_0001 1vs1.rar

2vs2vs2 

Team 1 craqy-sparta, sckt-brittany
Team 2 soloooyo-iberos, LOUGY2-Maurians
Team 3 Barteck66-Carthage, Stop_2 Maurians
Plague skirtita spartan throughout the map but the small Iberian village resite assault after assault until it can send death squads by map jajajja

2017-03-19_0005 2vs2vs2.rar

9 hours ago, sphyrth said:

The Iberian Video was from the "Testing Propositions" Thread. @Feldfeld and @soloooy0 posted their replays trying to prove that Booming Only is not the only viable strategy.

I forgot which one of them I commentated on, but here's the list.

Thanks! Apparently it was the "2017-02-27_0005 fuego.rar"

(the easiest way I found to match videos and replays is to scroll the video up to summary screen (to see players names, rates and civs) and open metadata.json files in a text editor (reformatting json for better readability) to see the corresponding list)

• Like 2

I thought about starting a github repo and collecting replays from people, and merge PRs if I knew the player submitting.
I would probably want to add 0ad admins/ops or well-known players as collaborates so I don't have exclusive admin control of the repo
Although if there was high interest in something like that, it would probably be better if it were started by a long-time member of the 0 A.D. Team, imo

• Like 1

Hope something like that gets under way. So far there is already an overlap of commentaries with only TWO Youtubers (borg- vs PhyZic Game). Think of it when more plan to do the same.

I don't have much problem with overlaps because The Anavultus saw things I didn't, but having too many commentators on one game might become ridiculous.

A github repo has the disadvantage of only providing files, no screenshots, no playerlist, no map info, no descriptions. There should be an official repository at some point where people can up and download their replays with a single click in the game itself. Also there are plans to allow players to describe and rate the game just after playing it (because at that point the memory is still fresh).

• Like 1

Map: Unknown U-shaped land

Players: (bbleft, Emperior, nigel87, Boudica) vs (Grugnas, equlizer, caesar_salad, TurboBurger)

Summary: A typical trading / rushing game, but the metal supplies finally didn't turn out to be critical for the victory. I'm uploading mostly to allow analyzing the game crash at the very end of the game.

commands.txt

• Like 1

Thanks for uploading the replay Boudica! The segfault can be reproduced via visual or nonvisual replay. The error stack sounds very brutal, probably some garbage collection issue or something #4523. Marked it as a release blocker, but I'm not sure if we find out what's happening there.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 6:24 AM, siole said:

Most of pro players say that playing vs AI is not fun. And yes, I do enjoy playing multiplayer more than any game vs AI. However I want to show you that it can be fun.

Game vs 7 bots includes the same elements as any team multiplayer game. You have to do an early rush else you're soon overrun. As soon as bots get market you have to raid trade. Meanwhile you have to care for your own eco. 

This is a quite an old replay of me playing vs 7 medium bots. I could have win faster but my multitasking skills are not that good.

If playing vs 7 medium bots is not enough for you, you can change any number of bots to higher difficulty. However I'm certain that no one can win vs 7 very hard bots.

2017-01-11_siole_vs_7bots_medium.zip

It depends on the map. I would be looking forward to a quite nice and favorable map. More treasures on a Tuscan acropolis type of map is possible and setting is very low resources. 

Out of curiosity, I've been searching for the largest replay files I have, and the winner happened to be a very close and tough battle on the Ngorongoro map, which took place on November 27, 2016.

Map: Ngorongoro

Starring: (JeanClaude, comandantelobo, Boudica, samba) vs (JorgeGijon, kabaka, maxticatrix, Grugnas)

Summary: Grugnas expanded early in the central valley and then magically managed to hold the position against my sieging from the top. To me, it felt like a training in ballista packing / unpacking, where I tried and mostly failed to hide the siege engines before they got hacked down by the Skiritae. Anyway, it looked as if Grugnas was suiciding a lot of units to destroy one or two catapults while JeanClaude and samba kept slowly pushing on the enemy's main base, so the fight seemed to be going well for us. Not to spoil too much, let's just add that the game was finally decided by good trade and teamplay as is often the case.

commands.txt

Edited by Boudica

I propose this replay of a 1v1 (Tiber7 vs Cesar) for 2 reasons :

1. It may interest new players (even if we both didn't play at our true level and both made quite big mistakes)
  2. ... Again, another really critical pathfinder issue... decided the game <_< which was evenly matched before it happened.

The game was interesting and tough.

Btw that pathfinder issue, I think, stole the victory to the player who suffered from it.

I don't tell you anything more to avoid spoiling you the game.

commands.txt

• Like 1

Upon request from Boudica, I will upload the game Tiber7 (Iberians) vs 9025201729 (Mauryans).

Map = Rhineland marshlands, size = medium.

Civs: Chosen by both players.

Popcap = 200.

metadata.jsonmetadata.json

metadata.json

commands.txt

Edited by 9025201729
temple pointed out that i had attached the wrong game. This has been corrected
  • Like 2

• elexis unpinned this topic