[a21 replays]

fcxSanya

Map: Nomad (Tiny)

Players: Grugnas, Vercingetorix, PhyZic, luzbel, Hannibal Barca, nigel87, Reijor, amv96

Summary: Regicide, No ceasefire, Free for all, Locked Teams, Gaia heroes, 6min 59s gametime

If you want to finish a game within 5-10 minutes, this gamemode is perfect. The aim is to hide the workers from the enemy heroes to survive. It is quite funny how the last remaining player managed to survive on this map following a decision in #3229. (Yes those are 6 heroes in that screenshot).

nomad_regicide_lake.jpg6_heroes.jpg

2016-12-03_nomad_gaia_heroes.zip

• Like 1

Map: Nomad (Tiny)

Players: (siole, elexis, luzbel, YK) versus (_kali, maxticatrix, Vercingetorix, Uran23 (not Uran238cz))

Summary: 4v4 Locked Teams, 1 Civic Center per team (Low Starting Resources), Regicide, No ceasefire, 30min 51s gametime

Another "nomad arena" gametype. By setting low starting resources and disabling treasure, players have to send resources to their allies, so that there can be at most 2 civic centers per team.

Spoiler

In this game, 3 of 4 players of the first team have been defeated in the first few minutes while the other team still had all four. That however was almost insignificant to the outcome of the game. Effectively, only siole and _kali managed to build a civic center.

screenshot_0.jpgscreenshot_1.jpg

2016-12-05_nomad_2_teams_2_civic_centers.zip

• Like 1

Map:Mainland

Players: Kudriy, Vercingetorix, PrincipalityOfZeon VS Grugnas, JorgeGijon, txoz12

Another use of cavalry.

Someone can say that cavalry is enough strong but I assure u, Grugnas just was suiciding against me. After  suiciding, my cav became promoted and could fight much better  than Grugnas's new inexperienced cavalry

2016-12-15_0001.rar

Edited by Vercingetorix_
  • Like 1

Map: Cantabrian Highlands (Surviving Defeat)

Players: (Vercingetorix, siole, yunk2, elexis) vs (arcadius, Valeranis, matialejandro12, marson126789)

Summary: Post-defeat comeback demo

This replay demonstrates how a player can become defeated and yet rebuild an entire base (#4384). Since being defeated doesn't help after all (team chat disabled, resource tributes impossible, needs small GUI code change or cheat to train units and the player will be still declared as a loser of the match), but it was fun to try.

Spoiler

Manual:

1. Produce at 10 men, rest women (more men not needed as they will be deleted)
  2. Build 1 barracks and 1 temple, far away from allies (barracks to reproduce units later, temple to get population capacity and since garrisoned houses convert to gaia. It's crucial that the buildings are not connected to allied territory!)
  3. Gather enough resources to rebuild 10 men and a civic center (500 food, 1000 wood, 500 metal, 500 stone). Gather a bit more food to recover more easily.
  4. Ask an ally to send about 3 units to your barracks and 3 to your temple.
  5. Delete the CC and wait until the barracks and temple become gaia.
  6. Explain your ally to capture your barracks and temple and garrison both when you tell him to.
  7. Capture 90% of the points of the 2 buildings (crucial not to get 100%!).
  8. Delete your units (so they dont attack your ally after defeat).
  9. Resign (if you were not defeated already by deletion). You still have to the partial capture points.
  10. Tell your ally to capture and garrison the barracks and temple (after he adds the remaining 10%, you will be the owner of the buildings again).
  11. Use Alt+D to enable the control-all-units cheat (or add a "return true;" to the controlsPlayer function of the session.js file to avoid the cheat)
  12. Produce units at the barracks, build a civic center.

defeat_survive_1.jpgdefeat_survive_2.jpg

Thanks siole for testing, this was the fourth try (still messed up as 200 stone were forgotton).

2016-12-17_defeat_survive.zip

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 7:09 PM, elexis said:

Two comments about this game:

1. Without Tributes, the player who gets his Civic Center knocked out early is next to useless. The Trading Dock was the only team benefit I could see.
  2. I'm seeing now that the Slingers' Crush Damage is the defining attribute that is making it OP in large numbers. Is lowering their rate of fire a good suggestion?

8 hours ago, sphyrth said:

Two comments about this game:

1. Without Tributes, the player who gets his Civic Center knocked out early is next to useless. The Trading Dock was the only team benefit I could see.
  2. I'm seeing now that the Slingers' Crush Damage is the defining attribute that is making it OP in large numbers. Is lowering their rate of fire a good suggestion?

If you see the replay, I could rebuild my entire base and thus could have helped killing enemies as usual, I was just too slow as I forgot 200 stone. I believe it should be possible to lose only 7 minutes when executing this correctly and perhaps stacking more resources, doing upgrades and building more houses early (as they will be recaptured).

One possible application might be regicide games where one might receive an ungarrisonable hero elephant. Presumably one can rebuild the better heroes after defeat and thus avoid the possibility of becoming gaia in the middle of a match. (Still the player won't be able to change the fact that it's defeated afterwards (which was actually possible last release)).

Nerfling slingers, perhaps, needs some playing dev and another who agrees.

• Like 1

Map: English Channel (Naval Blockade)

Players: (arcadius, Hannibal Barca, lou_diamonds, elexis) vs. (Finch, bb, Vercingetorix, dkaiser92)

Summary: Example for a successful naval rush (garrisoned ships at minute 5), resulting in an all-encompassing naval blockade, ending the game strategically in the first 10 minutes.

The blockade ensures that enemies will never be able to build docks and ships. Uncontested maritime superiority allows continuous lodgement, regular interception of adversary trade and the build of Civic Centers on the undefendable territory. Heavy warships garrisoned with catapults finally wipeout the last attempts to fortify the landing area.

attempt_nipped_in_the_bud.jpgall_encompassing_naval_blockade.jpg

english_channel_naval_blockade.zip

• Like 1

Map: Gear (new years eve mode, mountain climbing)

Players: (Grugnas, User|Master) vs. (ycswyw, elexis) vs. (Smurf_Juice, _zoro_) vs (Vercingetorix, Feldfeld)

Summary: As usual, Gear is a promising map. Especially if there are more than two teams, the one taking the middle attracts the enemies attention, since the mountain in the middle provides access to all players and can even prevent them from trading. The small lakes in between players can easily cause tension. If water control is lost, one can quickly find oneself in a bad situation, leaving half the village vulnerable.

By building houses around a garrisoned ram near a mountain, the ungarrison process will transfer units to the mountain, thus being able to build a fortification that  can only be destroyed with catapults.

At the end of the game, it is also demonstrated that unit and building colors can be changed, even if the others dont have that disco patch installed. (The demo replay shows it immediately after the start of the replay.)

disco.gifscreenshot_gear_1.jpgscreenshot_gear_2.jpg

2016-12-31_gear_2v2v2v2.zip

2016-12-31_new_years_eve_demo.zip

disco.patch

• Like 1

That last game:

Map: Mainland

Players: ShadowOfAzrael43, MacWolf, imrobbyg, philosopher, Grugnas, LilBlast, Letticia, PrincipalityOfZeon (FFA)

Gametime: 3 hours (not 4 as displayed here, nor 5 as displayed in your list due to an embarassing timezone bug. But if there was casual lag you might get there.)

• 3 weeks later...

Map: Mainland

Players: borg-, fpre, Uran23, JorgeGijon, merlin1, ycswyw.

Was a good game, but the goal is to show that Ptolemaic has a lot of potential, much more than just rush camels.

I managed to pop 300 in 18 minutes, it could be before.

Pto is a best civ haha xD

pto best civ.rar

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincipalityOfZeon said:

yes, those sword cavs depleted jc workers...

and yes do want to see pto play > 300 in 18min

"It was you getting the Britons to Town Phase for as early as 4 minutes. "

it's actually a little under 4 mins...

Correct game now, sorry :D

• Like 1

• elexis pinned this topic
  • elexis unpinned this topic