Can't register for new account in-game

ftmglobe

• 5 months later...

You can always join by IP address.

• Tell your friend hosting the game to go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ (or a similar service) and send you his ip-address
  • In the game, go to Multiplayer -> join game, and fill in the ip-address of your friend there (when he is hosting the game). The default port is 20595, but I guess that default should already be there.

Sadly, there's nobody we can trust for the moment, certainly not new people. But if your friends trust you, it's still possible to play against them. I hope you understand.

Hey, I've got a friend that already has an account. We are trying to do the whole IP process, but it just won't connect that way. Is there another possible solution? We would really like to play the game.

:3

Just now, dermor95 said:

Hey, I've got a friend that already has an account. We are trying to do the whole IP process, but it just won't connect that way. Is there another possible solution? We would really like to play the game.

:3

We are playing on windows and 1 in mac

Are you on the same network (in the same building), or on different networks?

If you are on the same network, you need to use the local ip address of the host (which you can normally find in the network manager of the OS). If you're on different networks, you need the public ip address of the host (which you can get from https://www.whatismyip.com/ as I posted above). The host also needs to forward port 20595 in his routing configuration when you're on different networks.

Did you try it like this?

• run the
    ifconfig
    command on a terminal on the host's computer
  • That should show his local ip, normally starting with 192.168.0 or 192.168.1, remember it
  • Start the game on the host computer, and go to Multiplayer -> Host game
  • Start the game on the other computer(s), and go to Multiplayer -> Join game
  • fill in the local ip address of the host in the client(s)