the color is tribute to Thracian from TW Rome I

dfZKW5Q.png3kBPI9w.png

Banners

building art

reference

v0069_Metokos_Diobol_AR.jpg

Lot 32 image

Resultado de imagen para labris

KINGS of THRACE, Odrysian. Metokos. Circa 407-386 BC. AR Diobol (11mm, 0.83 g, 12h). Bare head right / Labrys within shallow incuse circle. Peykov B0180; Topalov I 3. Good VF, toned. Good metal for issue. Well centered. Very rare.

Labrys (Greek: λάβρυς, lábrys) is the term for a symmetrical double-bitted axe originally from Crete in Greece, one of the oldest symbols of Greek civilization; to the Romans, it was known as a bipennis.[1] The symbol was commonly associated with female divinities.

The double-bitted axe remains a forestry tool to this day,[2] and the labrys certainly functioned as a tool and hewing axe[3] before it was invested with symbolic function.[4] Labrys symbolism is found in Minoan, Thracian, and Greek religion, mythology, and art, dating from the Middle Bronze Age onwards, and surviving in the Byzantine Empire.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2

Thracian civilisation was not urban and the largest Thracian cities may have been in fact large villages. The Thracians were typically not city-builders[20][21] and their only polis was Seuthopolis.[22][23]

As I expect, so my art concept it's fine. to convert this people to rural empire.

The conquest of the southern part of Thrace by Philip II of Macedon in the fourth century BC made the Odrysian kingdom extinct for several years. After the kingdom had been reestablished, it was a vassal state of Macedon for several decades under generals such as Lysimachus of the Diadochi.

In 279 BC, Celtic Gauls advanced into Macedonia, southern Greece and Thrace. They were soon forced out of Macedonia and southern Greece, but they remained in Thrace until the end of the third century BC. From Thrace, three Celtic tribes advanced into Anatolia and formed a new kingdom called "Galatia".

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

28 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone can be nice add them for Delenda est.

Yes, if you guys do all the work I can add them to DE. ;) Though, I could help with some things. Nabataeans and Thracians would make good additions.

IMHO, I think only the Civic Center should look Greek. Otherwise, they should look very rural. Halfway between Greek and Celtic.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone