Hey there! As I'm doing sound design for the game I open this topic to have everything organized and updated in one place. It would be nice if you can post your requests (with examples, if possible) so I can have a "to do" list to work on. 

Cheers!

//////// Requests so far :

• attack sound by Gaia.( wild animals) 
  • heroe under attack in regicide
  • units sound after trained.
  • before music play after win or lose, example AOE (I) This previous to music theme.
  • each factions  needs a sound after new phase reach.( the hardest - even our last sound lead can't/don't  finish this)
  • can be nice some to start each game previously to loading screen each faction( like AOE II)
  • reasearch sound after a technology complete.
  • Other wonder starting
  • Wonder finished
  • Wonder under attack ( wonder victory)

//////// Currently working on:

//////// Awaiting for feedback:

• Start Battle UI sound (UI_Start_Battle). It could work like so: Game launches > Main theme > Start game: SFX UI_Start_Battle.ogg

//////// Ready for implementation:

Edited by Cardioid
Updated 07/09
  • Like 9

Others :

• heroe under attack in regicide.
  • before music play after win or lose, example AOE (I) This previous to music theme.
  • each factions  needs a sound after new phase reach.( the hardest - even our last sound lead can't/don't  finish this)
  • can be nice some to start each game previously to loading screen each faction( like AOE II)

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:28 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Others :

• heroe under attack in regicide.

Added, thanks!

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, feneur said:

Sounds for new phase/possible faction specific start sounds should be based on music imho and coordinated with Omri (our music lead).

I agree, what do you think @OmriLahav?

• Like 1

Hey there guys, I've made a couple of new sounds, they are posted on the first message.

• attack sound by Gaia ( wild animals). (Since there are several animals I've made an "universal" sound to fit them all.)
  • heroe under attack in regicide (I haven't found that option inside the game, is it implemented yet? )

Any suggestions/feedback?

Cheers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

no but is even short than that, is like  the sound is broken.

Maybe I misunderstood your request. The sound is a hit of an animal attacking an unit (that's why it's that short), did you mean an alert for gaia attacking the faction instead?

By the way (just to make it clear), units trained and research completed already have a sound, do you mean to change it right?

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cardioid said:

Maybe I misunderstood your request. The sound is a hit of an animal attacking an unit (that's why it's that short), did you mean an alert for gaia attacking the faction instead?

By the way (just to make it clear), units trained and research completed already have a sound, do you mean to change it right?

Cheers

Is an alert notification like regicide but this mixes the standard alert with animal sound.

27 minutes ago, niektb said:

Do we actually need such an Gaia attack alert? I mean, I don't really see the added value over the regular attack notification...

Many people don't read messages text  when you are attacked by Gaia. Isn't really relevant but... I prefer ask and don't  repenting later. Create sounds like this is difficult.

in YouTube see this people try to find the enemy soldiers instead look near wild fauna.

Many people don't read messages text  when you are attacked by Gaia. Isn't really relevant but... I prefer ask and don't  repenting later. Create sounds like this is difficult.

in YouTube see this people try to find the enemy soldiers instead look near wild fauna.

the same for conversion alert, useful for mods, but not right now.

PD: a don't see another relevant sounds, to ask, many are related with text messages alert.

============

other wonder starting...

wonder finished...

wonder under attack.( wonder victory )

@UI_Start_Battle: The idea is good. The crash sound is a bit harsh (a bit of de-essing / eq'ing should do the trick). Also the drums can be a bit fuller. A good idea would be to try to listen to how it plays together with the main menu theme song.

@Gaia_Attack_alert: Still not sure about the added value...

@Regicide_alert: sounds very nice!

On 28/8/2016 at 7:33 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

the same for conversion alert, useful for mods, but not right now.

PD: a don't see another relevant sounds, to ask, many are related with text messages alert.

============

other wonder starting...

wonder finished...

wonder under attack.( wonder victory )

Ok, my fault then. I thought you were asking for a "hit" attack sound, not for an alert. I'll work on it.

Thanks for the other suggestions!

PS: I quote myself: 

On 4/9/2016 at 0:02 PM, niektb said:

@UI_Start_Battle: The idea is good. The crash sound is a bit harsh (a bit of de-essing / eq'ing should do the trick). Also the drus can be a bit fuller. A good idea would be to try to listen to how it plays together with the main menu theme song.

@Gaia_Attack_alert: Still not sure about the added value...

@Regicide_alert: sounds very nice!

Thanks for your feedback :D . I'll modify the Start battle sound and will try the Gaia attack (just in case).

Cheers

PS: Sorry for the lack of activity this week, I've been really busy moving to Scotland!

PS2: Since you all liked the regicide alert sound I've passed it to the "ready for implementation" section. We'd need a programmer to do it.

Edited by Cardioid
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2016 at 2:10 PM, Itms said:

Hello! Your sounds are very nice to hear :)

Could you post to this topic: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16802-legal-waiver-please-read-this-before-contributing/ so that all the administrative stuff is taken care of? :P

Done, thanks :)

I'm specting my audio equipment to arrive this week (probably tomorrow monday) so I'll continue with the sounds shortly!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey there!

Sorry guys for the lack of activity (I just saw Omri's post), my Master's got quite intense and I dind't have a lot of time.

Good news is I've some assets I've made during the first term that could fit in the game, so as soon I have a bit of time I will upload them.

• Like 4