How to deal with units going back and forth?

nicoco

I'm guessing this is a pathfinding issue, but sometimes my units are going the exact opposite direction I tell them to. If I select them again and point the desired direction, they start going the right way and then go back again.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is it linked to battle formations? What do you guys do when this happens?

To the devs: amazing work guys, this is by far the most ambitious open source game I've ever seen. I'm enjoying it a lot!

There are some cases in which the formations are reformed too many times, sometime when a distant one comes near an other. They will try to gater in one (thus going back) before going again from where they were.

Sometime when you change formation during movement or attack, the new formation is ignored and they act strangely.

Try to disable formations when playing aggressively or use the defensive/hold position stances and let them live their live.

Formations behaviour is broken is some cases, sometime it works, sometime not. This is a hudge work to do to fix.

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Which version are you using?

Latest alpha XX, 0.0.20-1~bpo8+1 on Debian Jessie.

1 hour ago, Karamel said:

There are some cases in which the formations are reformed too many times, sometime when a distant one comes near an other. They will try to gater in one (thus going back) before going again from where they were.

Sometime when you change formation during movement or attack, the new formation is ignored and they act strangely.

Try to disable formations when playing aggressively or use the defensive/hold position stances and let them live their live.

Formations behaviour is broken is some cases, sometime it works, sometime not. This is a hudge work to do to fix.

Thanks for the tips.

I will beat the AI in very easy mode, I will. :)

• Like 3

• 6 months later...