[Scenario] Halicarnassus

Skhorn

Hi all, 

Im making a new map, the siege of Halicarnassus. This is the very first preview, it is still in progress, but i would like to receive some feedback.

Yes, it has a lot of props, i like detail, i'm just trying to make it more "vivid".

This is the reference im using, i didn't make it exactly as is shown there, i forgot to add some things while making it, but now that is that advanced it may be a pain! :P 

8cb80c639645304d8f24c3522bb360e8.jpg

http://www.discusmedia.com/maps/turkish_city_maps/5594/

Spoiler

screenshot0178.png

screenshot0179.png

screenshot0180.png

screenshot0181.png

screenshot0182.png

v1.1

Spoiler

screenshot0186.png

screenshot0187.pngscreenshot0188.pngscreenshot0189.pngscreenshot0190.pngscreenshot0191.pngscreenshot0183.pngscreenshot0184.pngscreenshot0185.png

v1.2

Spoiler

screenshot0197.png

screenshot0198.pngscreenshot0199.png

screenshot0200.pngscreenshot0201.png

1.3v

This is what it seems to be the end of the map. Perhaps i could release as a 4 player maps (3v1), but, believe me, you cant play it (It lags without unit around, imagine it with units)
Anyways, I had to improvise the Mausoleom, with walls and ground elevation. It has some greeks buildings, as i understood while i was reading, they had some multicultural life. 

I tried to make it, the most accurate possible, obviously, for many reasons there a lot things that cant be made, but in the other hand, i forgot many others :P

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Spoiler

screenshot0242.pngscreenshot0243.pngscreenshot0244.pngscreenshot0245.pngscreenshot0246.pngscreenshot0247.pngscreenshot0248.pngscreenshot0249.pngscreenshot0250.pngscreenshot0251.pngscreenshot0252.pngscreenshot0253.pngscreenshot0254.png

1.4v

Spoiler

screenshot0255.png

Edited by Skhorn
  • Like 16

7 hours ago, niektb said:

Look who's back! :D

Did I already tell you that your cities look gorgeous? :thumbsup: Unfortunately, probably more gorgeous than my computer likes :sorry:

Jeje, thank you! :)

Im planing to make some of this for millenium AD, but i seriously need suggestions, can you help me with that?

6 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I after see this, I'm convinced to add more textures ( ground ) to the game 

Would be nice.

And it would be nice to see more props, that is were my details come from, most of the buildings i saw, comes "packaged" and there a no props to use.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 07/03/2022 at 11:20 AM, SolarEagle said:

Where is the finished version of this map? The one in Community Maps 1 and 2 mods seems to be the version 1.2.

This map has been removed from the last release of the cm2 mod until there's a more complete version available.

• Like 1