Empires Apart. ==Freemium==

6 hours ago, MlemandPurrs said:

dont get why are their models left unfinished, round those huts and apply proper texture to them.

They choose use low poly-cartoon minimalistic aesthetic. the problem is if play the game without effects, like shadows the games becomes awful. in rats is petty bad because becomes in a abstract art game (abstract becomes from abstraction). so the mind is easy to lost in such quantity of unrealistic images. pure psychology.

On 2/27/2018 at 3:24 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The fog of war boundary has this really weird animation to it, they should remove.

The animation looks fine for the first few minutes. It makes me feel that it's alive with the weather (clouds moving below the sun).

But after those few minutes, I realized that this is what you usually see when you're in the middle of Sahara. Do they want their players to visualize moments before their heatstroke?

• Haha 1

I like it....yes it isnt realistic but sometimes i get too...uh "tired" of all those graphically intensive games. This style is nice, it create that feeling that you are really gaming, making you focus more on what's going on instead of watching nice graphics and butterflies flying over bushes or whatever axaxa
Anyway, this could also bring some new people to the RTS genre, so fine by me! 

4 hours ago, TheLyraki said:

I like it....yes it isnt realistic but sometimes i get too...uh "tired" of all those graphically intensive games. This style is nice, it create that feeling that you are really gaming, making you focus more on what's going on instead of watching nice graphics and butterflies flying over bushes or whatever axaxa
Anyway, this could also bring some new people to the RTS genre, so fine by me! 

The problem is ... you lost the perspective playing without shadows and that is weird and bad. even AoEO haven't this problem.

392ed4bb74bc79b87a8f2594.png

Is physiologic basic perception.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

Their historicity so far seems pretty terrible (for example see byzantine namings being purely greek and largely taken from ancient units). I can accept the graffics and see elements of EA gameplay as rather interesting though (like the way they deal with mongol packable structures).

Many things are "placeholder" ...

austin-powers-international-man-of-myste

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

The problem is ... you lost the perspective playing without shadows and that is weird and bad. even AoEO haven't this problem.

392ed4bb74bc79b87a8f2594.png

Is physiologic basic perception.

yeah its very bad without shadows....but otherwise, in maxed out graphics (yeah, sounds weird in this case) it looks good! then again, maybe its time for me to stop watching animus to improve my art appreciation skills xD 

Just now, TheLyraki said:

yeah its very bad without shadows....but otherwise, in maxed out graphics (yeah, sounds weird in this case) it looks good! then again, maybe its time for me to stop watching animus to improve my art appreciation skills xD 

Is the terrain... check my screenshots vs AoEO. the green variety isn't great so gave that impression of things floating. I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

What's up with health bars ?they look like ours except they more in the flat design look.

Other differences I could spot is that they are team coloured, and permanently turned on as long as a unit has reduced hit points.

0 A.D. would benefit from a clearer minimap, but if it is to faithfully depict the terrain it can't be that clean, as there's usually loads of ground textures instead of a couple. The dark borders for player units/structures and maybe something similar on (some) resources should be helpful though.

Permanently turned on health bars would be an assault on the beautiful aesthetics of the game (should be optional though, isn't it? I think it is), but health-bars in player colour seem like a really good idea.

What I really like about that mini-map is that the unused sides are transparent, which makes it a whole lot less intrusive.

Why is our mini-map in the middle, as opposed to the lower left corner? There's a really good reason most RTS games go for that corner, because it's perfectly non-intrusive, yet clear.

I love how little space that GUI takes up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

We should have something that tells the engine it's grass rock or something else. Not necessarily used by the Pathfinder but at least the minimap.

That would be nice indeed! Then grass, sand and rock colours could be chosen for the minimap to not mix much with green, yellow and grey player (etc) and make it much cleaner terrain-wise.

1 hour ago, Sundiata said:

Permanently turned on health bars would be an assault on the beautiful aesthetics of the game (should be optional though, isn't it? I think it is), but health-bars in player colour seem like a really good idea.

What I really like about that mini-map is that the unused sides are transparent, which makes it a whole lot less intrusive.

Why is our mini-map in the middle, as opposed to the lower left corner? There's a really good reason most RTS games go for that corner, because it's perfectly non-intrusive, yet clear.

I just mentioned the differences, didn't claim they were necessarily better and it's possible that they are optional in EA. An optional inclusion of such a feature and player-coloured bars might be a good idea though. I also agree that a GUI of that philoshopy would be good for 0 A.D., perhaps with some minor ancient-themed details to make it not that plain.

Edited by Prodigal Son
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sundiata said:

The health bars are for accessibility, the color blindness is the reason.

Resultado de imagen para color blindness aoe de

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness