Game freezes after 4 hours of play

kedwa30

Installed from 0ad-0.0.20-alpha-win32.exe (which I downloaded using Deluge 5/17/2016)

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

My machine is an old laptop (single core, 2 gig ram, onboard GPU that takes from that ram [1.75GB usable]) AMD Athlon TF-20 1.60 GHz

What happens: The game freezes after about 4 hours of play. This happens regardless of what speed I play the game on. A game doesn't always last that long, so I have enjoyed many endings, both wins and losses. It doesn't matter whether I am playing against one AI or playing in a game with three AI. It doesn't matter whether I limit the population to 50 or whether I let it go to 150. It seems to consistently freeze at around 4 hours of game play on my particular computer at least.

On this latest freeze, I did not pause the game at all. I saved the game three times. There is a secondary issue with the pause when the game is set to pause when minimized, if I pause it then minimize, it will not come back. So I disabled that feature and have not had a problem with the pause since. But just in case, I wanted to make sure this was not a pause related issue and I made sure not to pause the game at all this time. I hope this helps! Let me know what I can do to better help.

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

system_info.txt

• Like 1

Hi, yes, I have 13.2 GB free of 117 GB.

After seeing the #2735 ticket ( http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/2735#comment:1 )

I realized I had just played with the Britons and had built a rotary mill, so it's possible that was the cause and the 4 hours was just coincidence. I just played another game as Britons and built a rotary mill much sooner than I normally do and the game froze much sooner than 4 hours. Next I am going to make sure not to build a rotary mill and see if all goes well.

I'm attaching the logs for the latest game that froze.

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

system_info.txt

Just in case this is helpful, my processor scheduling is set to adjust for best performance of Programs (as opposed to Background Services).

My virtual memory paging file is currently 2268 MB. This is set to be managed by the system.

I played from a saved game and completed the game without it freezing, but I failed to take note of when I started and don't know how long it took. Then I played again later that day and it froze.

At 6:40pm Taskmanager said my uptime was 4 hours, so that means I started playing 0ad not long after 2:40pm from a fresh boot. It froze at 6:06pm.
I was playing at turtle speed the whole time and did not pause at all nor change the speed at all.
It froze at exactly 19:00 in game time. I have that set to overlay.
No rotary mill was made. No dog houses were made.
A priestess was made not long before the freeze.
I was playing as the Brittons vs. Romans. AI set to medium. Map: Death canyon.
Population cap set at 150.
Some time after the game froze, I started taskmanager and then resource monitor. Pyrogenesis was using near 99% of the CPU, but gradually lowered CPU use
to an average in the upper 80's while frozen.  Eventually I ended the program via the onscreen prompts (as opposed to killing it via taskmanager).

I am now going to try downloading the game again. Attached are the log files for the latest freeze. I'd have included a few screenshots, but they're just over the size limit for attachments. I will edit them down and include them if anyone requests it.

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

system_info.txt

commands.txt

Edited by kedwa30
add commands.txt

I downloaded the game again (using Deluge) and used FC /B to compare the old file with the new file and they were a match. I then calculated the MD5:

// File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
//
61a0ee51d1849f891a257f2aab381e6d 0ad-0.0.20-alpha-win32.exe

I will now reinstall 0ad.

I reinstalled 0ad. It asked if I wanted to uninstall the existing game and I allowed it. The settings, saved games, etc. were preserved with the new install.

I started a new game with the same settings I had been using: high starting resources, population capped at 150, Brittons vs. Romans, AI set to medium, turtle speed, Death Canyon.

Way before the game got to 19:00 I loaded taskmanager and resource monitor. Then after I did that, I tried to save the game, and I got the following error messages:

Out of address space (64-bit OS may help)

Call stack:

011F7583

011F6A93

011F8175

011F9523

011F1035

011F10C4

errno = 12 (Not enough memory)
OS error = 8 (Not enough storage is available to process this command.)

I copied this into notepad then hit continue

Function call failed: return value was -1 (Function failed (no details available))

Call stack:

011F7583

011F6A93

011F8175

011F9523

011F1035

011F10C4

errno = 13 (Insufficient access rights to open file)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I copied this into notepad then hit continue. Then I tried to save again and got the exact same error messages again.

At 18:29 game time, I got the following error message:

wdbg_sym_WriteMinidump: unable to generate minidump.

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 12 (Not enough memory)
OS error = -2147024865 (A device attached to the system is not functioning.)

Spoiler

pyrogenesis.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Okay, so I'm guessing I was supposed to install the game as administrator? I don't remember if I did that the first time I installed it or not. I have plenty of space on my hard drive (11 gigs free), but I need to clean some junk off anyway, so I will make more space available soon. I had moved some big files that I had gotten with Deluge and when I started Deluge they automatically started downloading again.

So far I have been playing with an external monitor in addition to my screen. I have it set to start in windowed mode and then I move it up to my big screen and maximize it. I have also in the past tried playing only in the window and it froze then too. I wonder if the extended desktop is just taking up too much graphics resources? I will try playing different setups.

Included commands.txt and edited previous post to include the commands.txt for that game.

commands.txt

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

interestinglog.html

mainlog.html

system_info.txt