What civ and opinion to balance lengthen game and add more strategy.

SwampGremlin

I'd like to start with saying this game is absolutely brilliant in every aspect thus far great work I appluad all of you.

I wanted to start a disscusion on each civs benefits for new player interested on how to choose a civ to practice with.

Also want to share my  thoughts on why it seems so effortless to make champs with Brits over the other civs the only thing I can think of is that stone is rather useless compared to metal and you need it less later on in the game so spamming slingers costs less of the more critical recourses wood ect give them a great advantage mid game when tons of wood is needed for upgrades.

I think guys throwing rocks (slinging) should defiantly be out gunned but the accuracy of an arrow fired from a bow why metal cost archers from ptolomies would lose a fight against rock slingers is beyond me I would think rocks would just benefit destruction of buildings or siege equipment more so and arrow would do better against soft targets.

this is just my opinion but I think if we could only produce champs in forts instead of barracks it would improve balance tremendously.

I feel it would make resourse gathering more well rounded this way so that it wouldn't be just a race to wood and metal and allow more strategic game play during game up until the point of champs instead of just a race to pump out champs. More things would happen up to that point and make for use of a lot of function of other units.

like to here any thought or feed back on this topic.

Edited by SwampGremlin

Most of those sling projectiles are in fact lead bullets and the range is about the same as bows of that period and the rate of fire is also higher most Roman slinger troops carried their own bullet molds,that's why they beat the archers.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

I think it should be the opposite, some most civs should be able to spawn champs from barracks, and others with special units (like spartans) should have special buildings.

Even though, I don't think the Devs are interested in balancing civs that much at the moment.

• Like 2