Faction: Byzantines

niektb

10 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

It's beautiful. But still has too much polygons.

I mean if people start spamming those this will make the game unplayable.

Run decimate on it and see what happens.

around 28k before breaking some faces specially windows, it breaks the uv's but seems that can be fixed.

28k is better. Though still too much depending on the usage that's gonna be made. Is there a way windows could be planes ? Like baking the window on the texture.

About filling the gap. If it wasn't already that high poly I would have suggested either tombstones and/or railings around it along with some vegetation.

28k is better. Though still too much depending on the usage that's gonna be made. Is there a way windows could be planes ? Like baking the window on the texture.

About filling the gap. If it wasn't already that high poly I would have suggested either tombstones and/or railings around it along with some vegetation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Maybe for gameplay configuration wonders should only be built 1 per faction, for example there is 4 byzantines in one game only the 1st one on built it could have it the others should destroy it or capture it to have it too. Not even with AoE2 i can imagine people built dozen of wonders neither the same one since players are just hyped by factions some time and then play another i just can't imagine people building 10+ hagia sophia on a map for have huge lag + the amount of buildings of trees sometimes player don't even built them so is just like having 3 wonders or 2 in a single mesh wich isn't a big risk compared to the 50k - 43k

Since Byzantine monumental architecture was several orders of magnitude greater than any other civilization during this period (I think), maybe an exception can be made for them? Having the same poly count for the Hagia Sophia as for whatever other structure you can think of from that period would be a little weird, no?? I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to poly counts though, just emphasizing the fact that the Hagia Sophia is absolutely enormous... 

1 minute ago, Sundiata said:

Since Byzantine monumental architecture was several orders of magnitude greater than any other civilization during this period (I think), maybe an exception can be made for them? Having the same poly count for the Hagia Sophia as for whatever other structure you can think of from that period would be a little weird, no?? I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to poly counts though, just emphasizing the fact that the Hagia Sophia is absolutely enormous... 

i can only imagine the colosseum reaching the feets of the hagia sophia poly amount since both has several arcs and curves wich are the most poly consuming and the one the game has is somehow simple at first look wich doesn't give the impression or feeling as a wonder

1 minute ago, Sundiata said:

Yeah, I just hope we won't have to simplify it later :)

3 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

i can only imagine the colosseum reaching the feets of the hagia sophia poly amount since both has several arcs and curves wich are the most poly consuming and the one the game has is somehow simple at first look wich doesn't give the impression or feeling as a wonder

I made another one for delenda est.

6 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Yeah, I just hope we won't have to simplify it later :)

I made another one for delenda est.

now i see why i remember i saw one with textures but i found this at public :P:

Spoiler

image.png.4b41e711f45cacb89a7b45de7c7cbaea.png

Maybe with deep and carefull look could be optimized around 2 or 3k more, but right now i'm like let it bee for a while, maybe some year an alpha could be dedicated to clean every building non seen faces if everyone with blender knowledge agree.

3 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Maybe with deep and carefull look could be optimized around 2 or 3k more, but right now i'm like let it bee for a while, maybe some year an alpha could be dedicated to clean every building non seen faces if everyone with blender knowledge agree.

Sounds good :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

So much greyish

It Needs some color.

Maybe some gray blue and some orange

Yep i'm on it, i feel the same i'm looking wich texture can be tweaked for have the orange look it feels like a wonder but after looking grey it reminds me how is everything turning grey in here:

Spoiler

original-23976-1458754579-3.png?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

• Like 1

• Stan` pinned this topic