Faction: Byzantines

niektb

5 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

The "Senat" could work

Ok, so I believe the Palatium Magnaura Senat was originally built before our timeframe, though I wouldn't know which parts are old and which ones less old... It will also easily be confused with a church.

The "Port Monumental Du Grand Palais", to the right of the Senate dates to 532 AD... But it also looks churchy (and is basically just a glorified front door). 

I thought the first 3 images would be the obvious choice for a CC. They're all distinctly Byzantine, clearly administrative/palatial/governmental, and difficult to mistake for anything else but a CC. They're even reminiscent of the Roman CC in the vanilla game. They offer both continuity and uniqueness.

9 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Ok, so I believe the Palatium Magnaura Senat was originally built before our timeframe, though I wouldn't know which parts are old and which ones less old... It will also easily be confused with a church.

The "Port Monumental Du Grand Palais", to the right of the Senate dates to 532 AD... But it also looks churchy (and is basically just a glorified front door). 

I thought the first 3 images would be the obvious choice for a CC. They're all distinctly Byzantine, clearly administrative/palatial/governmental, and difficult to mistake for anything else but a CC. They're even reminiscent of the Roman CC in the vanilla game. They offer both continuity and uniqueness.

i will make it anyways if doesn't fit timeframe i'll try with another, in any case the more buildings we have of constantinople the more historical accurate @Skhorn could remake his constantinople map for a later campaing map.

Btw the constantinople walls were 2 sets of walls it may be good to allow the civ build the lower wall cheap and weak in 1st phase and later build (Not upgrade) the inner wall.

Spoiler

image.png.5879f6b19f76003968f761fd098258f1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skhorn said:

Off topic: I won't point any finger to someone (@wackyserious) neither i'm gonna say names (@wackyserious)  but have you thought on remaking the atlas paint textures? 

You are asking because  I said before (private message) is hard to do? lol.:D

Just now, stanislas69 said:

There is no such thing as brush texture so I guess he mean terrain textures.

Indeed. and isn't easy.

Just started today to make the main structure, tell me if its going okay or if i must start another building, btw i don't know if i should make the 2nd floor like the picture because its already big, or if i should reduce the columns (wich is the biggest from the 2 i've made as prop actor) Width is 2 and 1/2 Size of a house, Height is like 15% more.

Spoiler

image.png.d696d5030d36bae9010b0e214798e046.pngimage.png.22cf33845d597d79fde47a824b763d17.png

• Like 1

@Alexandermb Nice... Seen as the CC is a generic government centre, you have some artistic liberty and don't need to follow the exact facade, as long as it's convincingly Byzantinian. I'd suggest a more symmetrical approach:

514983795_ByzantineCCsuggestion.jpg.90e035ae57e238751f84342934a35283.jpg

Moved the centre piece up a tad, making room for a central arched Byzantine dorrway. Brick corners on both sides. equal number of pillars on each side, removed the side doorway. 

6 hours ago, Sundiata said:

Nice!

Indeed:

41.jpg.4c2b602b316107358087ff08312de11b.jpg.1a0d0c195192a6cc6bb8d9371f631cde.jpg

I'm cool with the direction you're taking :) I don't know about the others?

You said it didn't need to be identical so as i can't see the back zone i look to the right and thought it could be a good idea to make the right building as the back zone:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.12bc9f911a9c62c041baba5237d66fd0.pngimage.png.cbc0d099944423754cc3be7327ef42e1.png

• Stan` pinned this topic