==[Task]== Tiny icons set (simple)

• 2 weeks later...

@Lion.Kanzen in current svn some new building are added. Two of them (persian hall and briton crannog) have a placeholder icon which is a bit confusing as the same icon is used for another building for the same civ. It would be nice if those building could have a new icon.

Hope to see some nice icons ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bb said:

@Lion.Kanzen in current svn some new building are added. Two of them (persian hall and briton crannog) have a placeholder icon which is a bit confusing as the same icon is used for another building for the same civ. It would be nice if those building could have a new icon.

Hope to see some nice icons ;)

I will try , but those have a specific artist @Pureon I will try to copy his style, I have and idea with Persians but with the other need research a proper icon.

I will split and reveal my task.

we can separate this task by nature and process.

adding this icons is very quite easy because don't need very details.

my method is creating by a reference and go to graphic vectorial program and then Photoshop.

so we call this tiny icon a cursors as Tiny icons by resolution and size.

Now the team ask sometime bigger like technology icons and buildings icons is different because they are made like as illustration.

probably I need draw a layout and then a first version, I try to imitate Pureons technique or style.

this are Painted icons.

Spoiler

So my list of task is the next:

• complete tiny icons.
  • help Millenium tasks.
  • start portraits and icons
  • improving create new Latin voices

•  

• 3 weeks later...

get the review , the problem with use an instrument   or instruments like crossed shovels, that is good for mining nor for farming or gathering food, hunting, fishing. That my  view.

will be more easy but... I'm not sure about that, this icon is hard because other RTS uses other kind of icon or works very different... 

And where is that production icon used

what you mean with this?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

From the ticket description: 

I noticed the Back to the work icon was same as production

So my question was, were is that 'production' used in-game?

My problem with a hand is that it could be used for any kind of command and it's not so related to gathering / work.

so what you think?

improved the hand or try with shovels?

I can do both, and  the Shovels later can be used for other proposes, I'm not sure if exist that in the game.(a Shovel)

My problem with a hand is that it could be used for any kind of command and it's not so related to gathering / work.

I Agree with that. can be nice place holder for command anyway.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

4 hours ago, niektb said:

Does not necessarily need to be two crossed shovels, that was just a random suggestion from my side.

I know, I will put that icon to end of the series, I need investigate more and have a pool with people not related to the game.

but one friend tell me  a hand with a briefcase, but that isn't look ancient but... Is near to another concept, in this cases the best is talk with people...

• 5 weeks later...