Request for RC testers

niektb

I've played a singleplayer match earlier (I'm playing the github copy from two days ago, by the way, so I'm not sure if some of these are already changed/fixed)

• Do the Anglo-Saxons really lack warships? AI can't transport battering rams across the water, they can only train merchant ships and fishing ships.
  • Should we lower the wood cost of the Norse houses to 100, and remove the arrow shooting behavior since wooden towers are already available?
  • Mead hall sounds more vikingly as a generic name for the Norse barracks (Tavern) should we use it?

Please help us test the Millennium AD mod: https://github.com/0ADMods/millenniumad

Edited by wackyserious

1 hour ago, wackyserious said:
  • Do the Anglo-Saxons really lack warships? AI can't transport battering rams across the water, they can only train merchant ships and fishing ships.

My bad, I didn't name the template properly. Should be fixed now.

• Mead hall sounds more vikingly as a generic name for the Norse barracks (Tavern) should we use it?

Approved.

• Should we lower the wood cost of the Norse houses to 100, and remove the arrow shooting behavior since wooden towers are already available?

It is a real powerful building, (with it's training abilities, option to build outside territory, phase 1 fertility festival etc.), so I think 100 wood would be too cheap. (it does require some practicing in your build order to get used to the higher cost, I admit but I think it pays off in the end) -> though I'm curious to know how others think about it.

Edited by niektb

Thanks for your interest!

Here is the first candidate for Millennium A.D. 20:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9fdaxnufpri1qt/millenniumad_rc1.zip?dl=0

Install Instructions:

1. Unzip the download but leave the inner archive intact.
2. Place the unzipped folder into /binaries/data/mods. You'll see another folder there called 'public'.
3. Launch the game and enable the mod in Options>Mod Selection. Press 'Start Mods'. 
4. Enjoy the mod!

Edited by niektb
  • Like 2

Here is the RC for Rise of the East 20:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu7t9s4w35ycciw/han_china.zip?dl=0

Install Instructions:

1. Unzip the download but leave the inner archive intact.
2. Place the unzipped folder into /binaries/data/mods. You'll see another folder there called 'public'.
3. Launch the game and enable the mod in Options>Mod Selection. Press 'Start Mods'. 
4. Enjoy the mod

Edited by niektb
  • Like 1

I have been playing the git copy for a while and will help test the RC version.  This is a great mod, I wanted to create one called Three Kingdoms (w/ either China or Korea).  The only small thing I noticed was that AI was set to "aegis" on Guilin (probably a typo) ... will post back any issues here.

Trying Han now. I really like the building textures. I find some problem, tho some are just opinion:

1. Liu Bang's portrait is messed up. Has a transparency. I think this was experiment at one time for you and you forgot to give him opaque portrait?

2. Opinion: Blacksmith way too big, by about 30% I think. Might need a redesign. Also, the wall textures are stretched a lot on it.

3. Opinion: Storehouse need stone blocks prop too, to emphasize.

4. Opinion: Market looks a little unfinished, but I know everything is work in progrewss. :)

5. Opinion: You should consider moving Crossbowman and Mounted Crossbowman to the Fortress and make them champions (Fortress model  is "da bom" tho, some texture stretching but not bad, I like it).

6. Bridge need portrait.

7. I suggest make a sandbox scenario. Maybe I can help.

• Like 1

@wowgetoffyourcellphone:

1. I didn't do that portrait since I never would give it a transparency

2-4. buildings: I don't think there will be redesigns anytime soon but if you can point out (with screenshots?) some of these stretch issues then I might be able to take a look into these. I do not consider these release blockers though.

5. Crossbows were really a common weapon (believe it or not) so making champions of them wouldn't be correct (I first had them as champions but some Chinese historians pointed out that they shouldn't be so)

6. Will do

7. Why are sandbox scenarios needed? (why would we make one?)

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

2. Opinion: Blacksmith way too big, by about 30% I think. Might need a redesign. Also, the wall textures are stretched a lot on it.

5. Opinion: You should consider moving Crossbowman and Mounted Crossbowman to the Fortress and make them champions (Fortress model  is "da bom" tho, some texture stretching but not bad, I like it).

2.) I agree, also a bit "tall"

5.) Why not change the availability of crossbow soldiers and make them only available during City phase

• 1 year later...
  • Stan` unpinned this topic