"Out of sync" error still a "known issue"?

Imarok

Is the "out of sync" error still a "known issue"?

To me it seems like all tickets concerning this matter are closed.

Nearly every second game I play with friends and AI someone gets an out of sync...

Edited by Imarok
It was late ^^

If you play multiplayergame with AI it will with 95% certainty be OOS, because the serialization of the AI has not been implemented (so do 1v1 or join the lobby and play with humans) or never rejoin (never become disconnected) when playing with the AI.

Also if you run into this situation, rejoinig again "refreshes" the current state (still not really useful as its broken after one or two seconds again).

• Like 1

elexis: your statement is a bit misleading. AI serialization is implemented (and works fine on singlePlayer games), but it is not fully "reproducible" in the sense that the state after serialization is not exactly the same as the one before. And your percentage also is misleading: playing multiplayergame with AI should have 0% chance to be OOS if you don't need to rejoin, and 100% when you rejoin.

imarok: yes, please, create a ticket. If you are willing to have a look at it, that would be great. I see 2 possible ways to work this out:

- 1) make the AI serialization fully "reproducible". That's only Javascript code as all the AI is scripted. I know a few places where the code needs to be changed (so i could either guide you or try to implement it myself when i have time), but that's certainly not all what is needed to be changed, so further JS debugging would be needed.

- 2) when a player rejoins with AIs, we could force an AI serialization/deserialization for all players. That should be mainly c++ code. But that may be just a temporary hack, as 1) would make it useless.

• Like 2

As i said, there are a few places where i know that the code has to be changed (and these i could do easily), but i'm pretty sure this will not be enough and that we will have to track all the possible remaining sources of differences (as some values which have been cached or whatever), and this could possibly need quite some time and tests.

• 6 years later...

maybe it has something to do with my new mod. I don't know. e.g. it do maybe to many read operations from the disk, when game getting large (i created a issue for that). I'll check it out.

in any case. How to read this message? "Players defc0n(1672) ... differs from the host? Means it defc0n was host in this game? Probably yes.
And my game is different.

Screenshot_20221125_113009.thumb.jpg.028b2628e830d86bfdf618dd54beca03.jpg

oos_dump.txt

2022-07-26_0001.zip

oos_dump.dat

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, Silier said:

Disable your mod and then run replay, also you should have the same mods as replay is using.

this error not happens by playing replay. was when i was observer.

By the way, it didn't even happen last night. I have a good feeling now. hope it stays that way.

Edited by seeh