===[COMMITTED]=== Musk ox (model / texture enhancement)

Leyto

Hello,

I launched Atlas recently to see existing animals, and I noticed one who looked a bit "weird" to me : the musk ox. In fact I found the texture a bit too "hand-painted" (sorry for the random English <:) ). I think I can put the accent on the fur aspect of this animal (so the texture will be totally new, and seamless of course).

I also though it could improve the silhouette to add extra tris on its belly with some fur texture with alpha...

pintover.jpg.67bd91182b207d36244f8bb5002

• Like 3

By all means, go for it. There are a number of animals that would improve a great deal by having a better texture.

Try to keep the texture size reasonable though, and make optimal use of the image surface. The design doc advises 128 or 256 px for units (though that may be based on slightly older specs). So I'd guess that would be the same for an animal (as they aren't too different in size or in needed detail).

Thanks for wanting to work on this.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Looks cool =D Indeed there is something wrong with the horns, and I think there is a seam in the rear leg, are you planning to have alpha transparency ?

Btw since you are pretty good at it, can you consider recording your process / making a tutorial ?

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

Thanks for your comments guys, I just wanted to say I'll be away for more than a week, due to holidays !

After that (still in holidays, but with internet access :P), I'll finish this animal, then start another, maybe the horse as you wrote.
There is a lot to do, but I guess the best is to ask because some threads seem old but are still relevant.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leyto said:

Thanks for your comments guys, I just wanted to say I'll be away for more than a week, due to holidays !

After that (still in holidays, but with internet access :P), I'll finish this animal, then start another, maybe the horse as you wrote.
There is a lot to do, but I guess the best is to ask because some threads seem old but are still relevant.

thanks, brother

• 4 months later...