Conquest

jarnomodderkolk

I am a bit confused about the game modes for a while now, i thought the Conquest buildings mode had the opjective ''destroy all enemy buildings'' but after playing a conquest buildings game i noticed i could not attack buildings, the only thing my units do is stand still around the building until its captured but they do not destroy it. so i capured almost all buildings around an enemys seconds town centre. then all my troops went on to cap the town centre but.... that is almost impossible, they stayed there for around 1 minute and they where all dead but the town centre was only capped for 100 points in total wich went back in 2 seconds to full... 

is there a way to attack buildings? because this is quite annoing. i like to destroy the enemy not slowly capturing him.

To attack buildings (if they are well-defended), it is advised that you use siege engines (rams, catapults, ...). You can normally train the siege engines from the fortress, or for some civs, from a special building. Units can also attack buildings, but they aren't nearly as strong.

The effect you saw when capturing was probably because it was garrisoned. Every unit garrisoned in a building counts to defend the building against capturing. And the military units inside the building also raise the arrow count. So a fully-garrisoned CC is indeed very hard to capture. But if your enemy doesn't pay attention, and doesn't garrison its CC, it's quite easy to capture one (and hold it if you defend it well).

Make sure your strategy is balanced. Attacking only with siege engines won't work either, as siege engines are very weak against attacks from soldiers. So if your enemy sees you are attacking his CC with your siege engines, he could come out of his CC, and capture all your siege engines quickly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanderd17 said:

Animations are planned (but they depend on new unit models). That should make capturing less static and give more visual feedback.

What other usability improvments do you want?

Might be worth mentioning that it's basically making sure the other player doesn't have any buildings for that mode, not just by destroying. I.e. mention something like "You have to destroy or capture all your opponents buildings." in the description of the victory condition.

• Like 1

have Animation is better than don't have animation. Is like the patch about trample damage and range units, the animation needs be the same as battle, for example the elephants needs move like are trying to fighting.

the people don't get things those are unfamiliar. May be with a sounds can be have more sense, like a chant or battle cry.

5 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Grab the actors from Delenda Est and use those for now:

Sorry for the Off-Topic. These are the new meshes with the old animations, right? (work done by stan, irc)

Never understood why vanilla doesn't use the promotion animation as placeholder.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, av93 said:

Sorry for the Off-Topic. These are the new meshes with the old animations, right? (work done by stan, irc)

Never understood why vanilla doesn't use the promotion animation as placeholder.

No, they are old meshes with the old promote animations. Look way better than poking building with pitchfork (lol) or just standing there peeing on a wall (confusing).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

so the only way is ctrl right klick, there is no gamemode where everything is just how it was? .... its kinda annoing to press those buttons all the time

No isn't, that is why many users like us, ask a solution for this, A19/A18 will be older soon, so I don't understand the excuse about, give capture a so much importance.

• Like 1