Where is attack defined in the code?

@Navid the command comes from the GUI and get passed on to the simulation, which in turn sets states on the indivudual entities.

fcxSanya gave you the start point of the command, but it follows quite a few function calls to arrive at the entities. If you want more info, please explain what you want to change. Then we can tell you if it belongs in the GUI or in the simulation.

You're also welcome on IRC to ask questions: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.quakenet.org/0ad-dev

• Like 3

hi ... i'm trying to analyze the attack and defence part of the game ...  but the problem is that i cannot find where should i start ... can you tell me how does a player sends an attack request ...

@Navid now I get what you are asking, sorry if I can't ask you the private message  properly.

but I'm not programmer. If you are trying to analyzing 0 A.D this the place where you can ask about how the attack and defense is work.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
Pasting info.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Navid said:

i was reading UnitAI.js and unit-action.js .... are they related to each other ? where is the connection ?

As Sander said "the command comes from the GUI and get passed on to the simulation".
Engine.PostNetworkCommand call in unit_actions.js (which I linked in my previous comment) performs the transition; you can look at PostNetworkCommand method itself and related code, but it's not necessary to work with scripts, you only need to know that the command shows up on the simulation scripts side in Commands.js and UnitAI methods are called from there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fcxSanya said:

As Sander said "the command comes from the GUI and get passed on to the simulation".
Engine.PostNetworkCommand call in unit_actions.js (which I linked in my previous comment) performs the transition; you can look at PostNetworkCommand method itself and related code, but it's not necessary to work with scripts, you only need to know that the command shows up on the simulation scripts side in Commands.js and UnitAI methods are called from there.

Thanks for your helpful comments

I have another question ... what action does "apply()" function performs in "EcmaScript.js" ? 

I was reading FSM.ProcessMessage and it leads me to this function ... 

it would be better if anyone could tell  what is the use of "EcmaScript.js"

Thanks

Edited by Navid