New Faction/Civ: Scytho-Sarmatians - Scythians

intipablo

13 hours ago, SeleucidKing said:

About the Sythian champions, I think that the Kataphractoi should be replaced with like, a Guard horse archer or something. It might get confusing with two identical champions for two different factions ( and I'm a tad territorial about the Seleucid roster..... :)   )

Are you still ok with the civ having the Sarmatian Cataphracts as a basic unit, not a champ? They can be easily differentiated that way.

10 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Can be have heavy and light lancer and a champion

how common were the women archer over the horse? You know to riding.

They weren't too common for the Scythians, but still used after apparently partnering with the women called "Amazons". But the Sarmatians used them alot, and it's said the women couldn't marry until they had killed men in battle.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SeleucidKing said:

That works for me at least.  Really, do whatever is the most accurate, but know that if the devs do implement it, they might make changes.

:) i've been making it as accurate as possible, everything on here i've gotten from wikipedia, Ancient-Battles, and a few other smaller websites. I'm aware that the devs might make changes and I think that's fine, i'm just building up and elaborating on a civ that I just have a passion for. I doubt I will be the one making/coding it for the game in the end.

I don't see problem with having cataphract as champion for more than Seleucid civ. In Part 2, the Dominate Romans (Early Byzantines) would have a cataphract as champion (or possible Spear Cav upgrade, making them all but champion). General scheme is to have 1 heavy infantr and 1 heavy cavalry as champions (with some variation on theme of course1). Csn't get much more heavy than a cataphract.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

OK guys Cataphract can be more light  but more cheaper than Seleucid now... Can have more damage for charge in the pierce attack.

charging move is planned.

The penalties, they can't  farming until 2d phase , because in the first are nomad but can train soldiers 2 for one time like Barrack in SC2 and have halftime attack than rest of units like zerlings, with this you can power to rush in an early stage and hard to find a base, good for great maps.

they can use a cart to drop side resources their camps can be moved unpack and packed, they uses training ground to train these units. May be don't need house but the limit are 100 in the first phase and can unlock full population in 2d phase( can't be not)

can capture siege machines easily and capture CC with possibly to assimilates , I mean the CC of last the faction but Vandalized, statues destroyed, and have Scythian art in this CC, like queen infest CC terran Command Center.

yeah this nomad cultures can work as a infection or plague destroying many Civs but, can have a option to Hellenizate( kind reform) is historical their contact with Greek and the kingdom of Bosphorus , some of this kings adapted to Hellenic culture, their reign.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

2 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

OK guys Cataphract can be more light  but more cheaper than Seleucid now... Can have more damage for charge in the pierce attack.

charging move is planned.

The penalties, they can't  farming until 2d phase , because in the first are nomad but can train soldiers 2 for one time like Barrack in SC2 and have halftime attack than rest of units like zerlings, with this you can power to rush in an early stage and hard to find a base, good for great maps.

they can use a cart to drop side resources their camps can be moved unpack and packed, they uses training ground to train these units. May be don't need house but the limit are 100 in the first phase and can unlock full population in 2d phase( can't be not)

can capture siege machines easily and capture CC with possibly to assimilates , I mean the CC of last the faction but Vandalized, statues destroyed, and have Scythian art in this CC, like queen infest CC terran Command Center.

yeah this nomad cultures can work as a infection or plague destroying many Civs but, can have a option to Hellenizate( kind reform) is historical their contact with Greek and the kingdom of Bosphorus , some of this kings adapted to Hellenic culture, their reign.

I think everything else would be nice but if they couldn't farm in the 1st phase. Maps with no animals (rare but sometimes happens), or very strong animals (elephants, ones that attack etc.), would make the Scythians impossible to play with. I know this rarely happens but it can be annoying hunting for a whole first phase. I think maybe we could make something like a mini-farm, smaller farms that are less productive and hold less, but still provide another source of food.

3 hours ago, intipablo said:

Ah yes i've never been a big fan about that, but it is true. I forgot all about it for a second there! :)

Plan is to make herding a good option. It is the third Phase-1 food option: Berries -> Hunting -> Herding. With these 3 option, I think it would okay to be only have farming in Phase 2. They can have a extra foraging vs. hunting pair of tech or some bonus of them.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

Scythian Clothing/Armour:

Here are some example of the types of clothes and armour the scythians wore.

LlepdM7.jpg

ilYpMvi.jpg

OMI7Ki9.jpg

4uifxDC.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                  Here you can see the women wore very pointy hats ( but this was mostly for noble women/princesses so I don't know if it would be important for the normal women in the civ).

Scythian Saddle:

DkIaWDY.jpg

Sarmatian Armour:

MxBsJk2.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, intipablo said:

I'm not sure, Sarmatians and Scythians had alot of influence from each other and are almost always referred to as the same people. I'm adding Sarmatian military stuff though because they were allies for sometime and Sarmatian soldiers fought in the armies of the Scythians.

I'm not sure, but don't were the Sarmatians who destroy the Scythians?

Ateas

Scythian Hero 2:

Ateas (ca. 429 BC – 339 BC) was described in Greek and Roman sources as the most powerful king of Scythia.

Ateas ruled over the majority of the North Pontic barbarians.
Ateas conquered many lands but was eventually defeated by Philip 2 of Macedon in 339 BC, he lived for 90 years.

I couldn't find any exact photo on Ateas like Idanthyrsus, but here is one from Civ 5, I'm pretty sure it's quite accurate.

VKdJd86.jpg
  • Like 1