Simulation Test Problem

oshron

hey, all. i've decided to try my hand at making a scenario but am having trouble getting the simulation test working right. i'm trying to use it to make a map that has ready-made and more "naturalistic" cities, etc., in it but i can't make the simulation test work on anything other than Player 1 (i'm trying to do this for Player 4 specifically). any help on this?

Could you attach the map ? And what do you mean by "simulation test" ?

/OFFTOPIC : When clicking on the link of your website it says "subscription expired"

yeah, i oughta fix that link.

anyway, what i mean is in the scenario editor, there's a "Simulation test" option at the bottom of the Map tab that lets you move units around as in regular gameplay. i more or less figured out how to have units build structures during simulation tests and save those into the actual scenario, which i plan to use mainly for walls since i think it's easier that way (there really needs to be a "place wall" option in the editor like there was in AOM) but, by default, the simulation test only works for Player 1. i just want to know how, if at all, i can run the simulation test for other players as well

Changing the controlling player isn't possible anymore since the option was taken out of the game menu to not let players click it. (and the hotkeys don't work in Atlas).

The only option is hacking the code (adding back that menu option, or fixing hotkeys in Atlas), or changing ownership of the buildings (normally there aren't that many player-specific buildings and units on a map).

Changing the controlling player isn't possible anymore since the option was taken out of the game menu to not let players click it. (and the hotkeys don't work in Atlas).

The only option is hacking the code (adding back that menu option, or fixing hotkeys in Atlas), or changing ownership of the buildings (normally there aren't that many player-specific buildings and units on a map).

crap. thanks anyway. i guess i'll leave walls out of map, then