Assyrian Noob Q's continued

DanHart

Thanks! I used existing textures. Lots of copying/pasting and layers ("hard light", "overlay"). For the leather belt I grabbed textures off the internet with the Snipping Tool (found in MS windows > start menu > programs > accessories > snipping tool), and then I would paste them into GIMP as a layer. Then I would scale them (when you grab them from the internet they are usually way too big for 256 x 256) to fit. After scaling them down, they don't resemble the original texture at all. You should be good on copyright. I could could explain a lot more, but I think it would just be easier to see the attached. ( I have all the files for the character, including the original gimp and blender files.

post-20097-0-41117200-1449260098_thumb.p

I hope to make a few more, then I will try to make some animations. (I will use the new meshes for that)

Edited Post:

Textures on the new mesh. Note: spear is reversed and helmet is too big.

post-20097-0-83352400-1449266987_thumb.p

Note: The zipped files are for the old mesh.

assyrian_auxillary.zip

Edited by DanHart

Would you be interested in doing texture for actual mods ? :)

In theory, If I snipping tool assassin's creed belt and put it into the game I broke at least two laws of the Ubisoft EULA, be careful :P

If you start to make anims, please do some that haven't been done, ie; two handed anim :)

EDIT : The texture will apply to the new meshes too :P

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

Yeah I can do some textures. I didn't snip from an actual product. Its random photos on the internet of things like leather or photograph. I understand what you mean though. I won't do that. I made several more textures today, but I am not sure add to do the alpha transparency for the player color. I would like to remove the blue, yet retain the cloth texture for the player color. I am not sure how to do that yet though.

Is there a list of animations that have been done for the new meshes?

This is what I do to create player_trans or player color in textures

1.) Select the red parts or desired parts that will use player color using software select tool and cut the selected parts

2.) Place them in a separate image layer.

3.) Tweak the colors and lower the color saturation/deepness (best color for me is light gray)

5.) Once desired low sat. color is achieved, change layer transparency between 5% - 25%, make sure there is nothing below the transparent parts of the texture.

6.) You can now save the png and test it, in-game.

I hope this helps :)

• Like 1

This is what I do to create player_trans or player color in textures

1.) Select the red parts or desired parts that will use player color using software select tool and cut the selected parts

2.) Place them in a separate image layer.

3.) Tweak the colors and lower the color saturation/deepness (best color for me is light gray)

5.) Once desired low sat. color is achieved, change layer transparency between 5% - 25%, make sure there is nothing below the transparent parts of the texture.

6.) You can now save the png and test it, in-game.

I hope this helps :)

It worked out great thanks!