The first look to AOE II HD African Kingdoms

ah lion, I just appreciate the buildings more for knowing how it's done now! I havent had an opportunity to use the siege towers yet, but I know they don't shoot arrows, they just unload a space ahead of where they are. The cavalry javelinist looks to me like it's potentially just as overpowered as our own was (cavalry archer that costs no gold)

lol I bought it within the hour of it coming out, the african biomes are amazing too, cutting down baobab trees actually has a sprite progression as you take more wood out of it instead of the single fallen tree that disappears when its out of wood.

I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with the architectural progression though

• Like 2

Me parece de poca decencia que estando en fase alpha el juego en su version 19 a punto de hacerse eco de su lanzamiento, estes aqui haciendo promocion de un jueg tercero que nada tiene qe ver con el proximo parche del juego. ¿Te pago alguien para que lo hicieras?.

0 AD is based on Age of Empires, so I in my opinion, is relevant. Lion posted some dev blogs that can be useful. Also, I doubt that posting that here would have some impact on people, that would download the new alpha anyways, cause is free.

Edited by av93

Me parece de poca decencia que estando en fase alpha el juego en su version 19 a punto de hacerse eco de su lanzamiento, estes aqui haciendo promocion de un jueg tercero que nada tiene qe ver con el proximo parche del juego. ¿Te pago alguien para que lo hicieras?.

tengo años aquí, de hecho es bueno ver lo que hace la competencia, and speak English, and check my reputation in forums, and my topics are about helping 0A.D even I'm artist who make several symbol in the game, I support our mods, I'm one of Council of Modders founder ( now I'm retired) even I create the logo, I acting for Romans voice, I contributing designing Aristeia, one of our mods and to finish... Tengo una pagina en español "0 AD en Español" doy anuncios en nuestro idioma. ...He donado dinero, he hecho investigaciones, hace poco descubrí que hay 2 unidades no tan probables en nuestras facciones.

El lanzamiento va ser alpha Syllepsis A19 yo vengo siguiendo este proyecto desde 2004, esperando un RTS que llene mis espectativas más allá de Age of Empires.

This guy is talking about if I'm a spamer or if AOE Forgotten pay me for open this topic. So that was my answer.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

tengo años aquí, de hecho es bueno ver lo que hace la competencia, and speak English, and check my reputation in forums, and my topics are about helping 0A.D even I'm artist who make several symbol in the game, I support our mods, I'm one of Council of Modders founder ( now I'm retired) even I create the logo, I acting for Romans voice, I contributing designing Aristeia, one of our mods and to finish... Tengo una pagina en español "0 AD en Español" doy anuncios en nuestro idioma. ...He donado dinero, he hecho investigaciones, hace poco descubrí que hay 2 unidades no tan probables en nuestras facciones.

El lanzamiento va ser alpha Syllepsis A19 yo vengo siguiendo este proyecto desde 2004, esperando un RTS que llene mis espectativas más allá de Age of Empires.

This guy is talking about if I'm a spamer or if AOE Forgotten pay me for open this topic. So that was my answer.

claro, yo se poner post sin relevancia tambien.Y tanto qe dices ser a qe viene lo de aoe 2 sin añadir un punto de vista del 0ad?

If two don't want argue, they don't argue. So Lion, there's no need to answer.

Back to topic, I've read that the release have a lot of bugs. But is nice that they have included african factions, as one guy said in 0 a.d forums, historical games have been very ethnocentric, focusing in Europe, besides Civilization series.

Some highlights of the expansion:

- Civilization with strong team bonus and even a tech (like 25% speed to castle production and ability to train a specific unit)

- Sudden death game mode (you can't build town centers, and if you lose it, you're defeated)

- Siege tower (they can unload units "jumping" the wall: encouraging double walling that its more stone expensive)

- Terrain bonus or penalties (f.e if you build on sand cracked terraing, the building it's weaker)

- Rebalanced water gameplay (Now there's a working rps system. In 0 ad, there's no really mechanic)

• Like 1

I tried a non legal copy( in the future I will buy the legal version)

Is interesting, the same game but more content.

I was playing with Berebers vs Celts

The Ai was nearly to defeat me because , I forgot setting victory conditions.

Now the menu is more polish, when is loading have all map info, including victory conditions, starting peace and starting positions.

What really news.

The biome( I play in Kilinmanjaro really similar to our Savanna map)

The siege tower ( I can't test)

Attack move ( we had already) but is not great thing.

New command more intuitive for building( press B to building F to select farm)

Two Ais ( Classic and new)

Now all factions have a icon where represent an expansion or DLC

The Bereber Art GUI is colorful ( too much for me)

To many art ( sprites, especially eyecandy) looks like more a mod than a expansion.

The gameplay is the same, old and some orthopedic , you know is inferior to AOM to give order sequences, too much outdated.

The same formula but more counter units( the good point) but I was read about unbalanced at the sea.

The Ai spam many troops but can't deal with that, because don't use all to the best way.

If you ask me SC2 in many ways are superior.

0A.D are superior ( modern and less antiquated) but need adding more features, maps and create more channel to promoting the game. May be involve more the comunnity to spread the word. Many featured asked by users are done with 0A.D, even they have same request as us.( add more factions/civilization) but our advantages is have less generic units, and divided by factions than by whole set of single civilizations( example Indians are critiqued because are too generic compared with 13 Europeans Civs.)