Textures: Imperial Roman Shields

wowgetoffyourcellphone

The first shield before was of auxiliary troops, instead here below, one cavalry and one of legionnaires.

The colors are chosen according to their cost, the knights could afford azurite; the legionary shield has rinforsi bottom to better support support on the ground (they were curved like tiles) and upwards to support the rigid eyelid.
I am not perfect, I started using Inkscape yesterday for this fun.

I'm experiencing ... :blush:

scutum4cav.png   scutum1cav.png   scutumx2legio.png    scutum1legio.png

The files: scutum1cav.svg  scutum1legio.svg

I continue?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Just curious, how did you make the wings ?

The wing is one, I have redone by hand on the basis of different angel wings found on the net and I went to the scanner, then I imported into Inkscape and I turned into a path of lines and curves .
I discovered that there are several editing functions in the program.
I want to do the same thing for the acanthus leaves, there are in another shield ...

Edited by Garaf

Thanks to @feneur, but I am the first to thank all of you, when things go wrong, a place like this sometimes saves the mind ...

Back to us ... this and the last today, tomorrow I do not know if I have time.
It is a cavalry shield.

scutum3piccolo.png     scutum2cav.png         File:  scutum2cav.svg

Over the weekend I want to do a descriptive post for the materials, dimensions, costs and the techniques that were used for weaponry, so we can represent them better.
For example the shields were in glued laminated wood with ox glue and covered with very thick skin which was colored or engraved and cropped and / or metal inserts and / or wood.

Good night everyone (GMT +1) :lazy:

New shields available in imperial romans mod, I added the old helmets for delenda, made a bronze helmet for auxiliary, aswell as a new armor for legionnaries with cingulum On the right militias. Centurios are also a promotion of the legionnaries. not sure if I should add decurion first.

screenshot0021.png

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 1

my shields with transparency (15%)

cdsOnaV.jpg?1

the origin of Bull in Caesarian legions.

Legions with a bull as their emblem are asserting a Caesarian origin: the bull was the zodiacal sign associated with Venus, legendary founder of the Julian family. The bull is found with legions VII. VIII Augusta and X Gemina, all of which had served with Caesar in Gaul, and with III Gallica and IIII Macedonica.

romanscutum2.psd

bull scutum2.psd

originl scutum2.psd

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

some technical names

Spoiler

44c89df8c877cfeb0c4cbe65ae5347fd.jpg

=========================================================================================================================

the first one, I saw this one

bw7ilqF.png

alwats thinking this was Hollywood invention or artistic free licensed .

u03hlTh.png

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen