6 minutes ago, Carltonus said:

Should the opening post be edited or a new thread be created for the proposed Yayoi-era faction?

Here is the breakdown for the Yayoi faction (with placeholders):

Faction description:

Reveal hidden contents

History:

The Yayoi period (~1000 BC - 300 AD) is the Bronze Age of ancient Japan. Civilization is an assimilation of the Jōmon hunter-gatherer culture and the Chinese influence of rice-planting and metallurgy. (Please revise history if possible)

Civilization bonus(es):

• (insert bonus 1 here)
  • (insert bonus 2 here)

Team bonus(es):

• (insert bonus 1 here)
  • (insert bonus 2 here)

Special technologies:

• Dōtaku (bronze bells)
  • (insert special technology 2 here)

Special buildings:

• Kotan (Ainu village, port-embassy hybrid; hires Ainu mercenaries, fishing boat, and light transport)
  • Casi (Ainu hilltop fortress; also hires Ainu mercenaries, alternative to kotan if no water on map)

Heroes:

• Jimmu (Kamuyamatö Iparebiko; Archer Hero), for Herocide/Scenario

• Himiko (Pimiko; Healer Heroine)

• Keikō (Opotarasipiko Osiröwakë; Archer/Swordsman Hero)

• Wousu/Ousu (Yamatötakëru; Swordsman Hero)

• Jingū (Okinagatarasi; Archer/Swordsman Heroine), for Herocide/Scenario

My previous posts above (unit and building rosters) have been edited to reflect this information.

@Ultimate Aurelian: Korean mercenaries could be put in later Kofun faction.

Upgrade names (needs updating and corrections):

Hide contents

Loom - Pata/Hata

Fertility Festival - Maturi/Matsuri (literally "festival")

Servants - Simobe/Shimobe

Serfs - 

Slaves - Yatuko/Yatsuko

Sentries - Moribitö/Moribito

Side Arms -

Living Conditions -

Conscription -

Iron Weapons -

Ranged Infantry Irregulars - Ikusa (literally "army")

Ranged Infantry Masterclass - Yumi Tekiki (literally "bow mastery")

Quilted Body Armor - Upagakë/Uwagake (literally "upper covering")

Laminated Linen Body Armor - Nuno (literally "cloth")

Iron Hero Armor - Yöröpi (literally "armor")

Will to fight - Tikara/Chikara (for Yayoi units), Kiroro (for Ainu mercenaries)

Units and houses are more important.

• Confused 1

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Carltonus said:

@Ultimate Aurelian: Korean mercenaries could be put in later Kofun faction.

My idea to include them was because of Jingu's invasion of Korean, and maybe for balancing their roster (In case cavalry is considered too essential).

For armor techs my idea would be to replace the more generic ingame names:

Leather/cloth Body Armor - Upagakë/Uwagake (literally "upper covering")

Wooden Body armor - Mokusei Katchu

Iron Hero Armor - Tankō  or maybe ''Tatehagi Ita'' (The later is not the name of the armor itself, but of the plates).

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why didn't I find this thread years ago? derp.
Very nice research. 

This could make a Successor States like variation in Rise of the East.  
One faction called a geographical name, with three similar variation. 
Korean: Good navy, some stone structures, cavalry, many Han and Xiongnu style units. 
Japanese: Cheaper units, the tower structures and moats, laminated bamboo armor laquered for strength. No Cavalry but cheap anti-cavalry units. Some of those weapons look like their either for taking a rider down or getting a guy up in those stilt houses. 
Lots of shared units. 
It should be noted that the low ranked units in the japanese era are likely to be armored in the manner of higher ranking units of the 0 AD period. What did the serfs wear into battle?   

Now the mod is called Terra Magna.

2 hours ago, Wesley said:

This could make a Successor States like variation in Rise of the East.  
One faction called a geographical name, with three similar variation. 
Korean: Good navy, some stone structures, cavalry, many Han and Xiongnu style units. 

4 hours ago, Wesley said:

Some of those weapons look like their either for taking a rider down or getting a guy up in those stilt houses.

Indeed there are finds of a ''pick'' weapon similar to the Chinese ge; this is what i had in mind for citizen axeman.

Alongside with the long two handed one; one of the artworks in this threads portray some kind of shortened version not sure if accurate:

82_1_20120706213551.jpg

I think there could be two japanese factions:

Yayoi (500 b.c to 300 a.d Wooden buildings, wooden armor, no cav only rams)

Yamato (250 to 710 a.d, Metal armor, cavalry, some stone buildings, possibly ranged siege weapons)

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 1

For the basic militia, they can wear a basic wooden breastplate like the one on the lower left. Advanced can wear mokusei katchū, while the elite can wear the ones decorated with red paint. The long-sleeved soldiers can be the champions.

Edited by Carltonus
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Carltonus said:

For the basic militia, they can wear a basic wooden breastplate like the one on the lower left. Advanced can wear mokusei katchū, while the elite can wear the ones decorated with red paint. The long-sleeved soldiers can be the champions.

My idea would be

Basic (unarmored, simple outfit with no leggins like archer in that picture) -> Advanced (Improved outfit with legging, may have leather or cloth armor) -> Elite (simple wood armor some have war paint)

Champions have painted wood armor or the black one with lacing; they have jewelry with some having warpaint and/or a feather headdress.

• Thanks 1

Team color can be put on where there is red/crimson: face paint, hair tie, and armor trim and straps. Since the units will be mostly based on Nakanishi's art, decided to revise the ranks. Tunics can be white or light brown (from that lone axeman).

Militia swordsman/axeman and two-handed spearman:

• Basic: No armour, can wear tunic or topless, basic wooden shield
  • Advanced: Basic wooden breastplate and shield (could be painted, latter for swordsman)
  • Elite: Face paint (optional), mokusei katchū and large painted shield with metal sun disc (swordsman), wooden cuirass (spearman)

Militia archer/hunter:

• Basic: No armour, either long-sleeve, short-sleeve, or sleeveless tunic, and either pants or no pants
  • Advanced: Add a basic or thin wooden breastplate
  • Elite: Short- or long-sleeved tunic, optionally wear leather coat, painted or unpainted thin wooden breastplate

Bell bearer: same as illustration, mokusei katchū

Champion (two-handed) spearman and "swordsman"/axeman: same as illustrations, long-sleeved tunic, optional leather coat, black mokusei katchū or thin painted breastplate with shoulderpads, medium painted wooden shield

My proposed unit roster has not yet been revised to reflect the changes though, will do so at a future time. There's still the Yamatai illustrations and raiding spearmen at the first page of thread.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ultimate Aurelian said:

Indeed there are finds of a ''pick'' weapon similar to the Chinese ge; this is what i had in mind for citizen axeman.

Alongside with the long two handed one; one of the artworks in this threads portray some kind of shortened version not sure if accurate:

82_1_20120706213551.jpg

I think there could be two japanese factions:

Yayoi (500 b.c to 300 a.d Wooden buildings, wooden armor, no cav only rams)

Yamato (250 to 710 a.d, Metal armor, cavalry, some stone buildings, possibly ranged siege weapons)

It's accurated, all depicts  from this culture shows same style. If you search in previous pages i post more visual data.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

It's accurated, all depicts  from this culture shows same style. If you search in previous pages i post more visual data.

Yes the clothing and most weaponry is similar to other artworks.

My only doubt is the small hand axes (One is made of stone, the other is a shortened polearm), maybe the axeman unit should use a two handed dagger axe.

1 hour ago, Carltonus said:

My proposed unit roster has not yet been revised to reflect the changes though, will do so at a future time. There's still the Yamatai illustrations and raiding spearmen at the first page of thread.

It's fine to use multiple sources for reference, as long as they are from Yayoi period.                     

I think golden shield boss should be for champion.                     

Here are some Old Japanese terms for those who are willing to add voices for the faction.
Verbs are in conclusive/imperative forms unless someone else has a better suggestion.

• Yes?     Wo
  • What is it?     Nani?
  • My lord?     Wa ga (opo)kimi?
  • Walk     Ayu-mu/-me, Töpo-ru/-re (literally "travel"), I-ku/ke or Yu-ku/-ke (both literally "go" or "move")
  • Build     Ta-tu/-teyö
    • Repair     Tukurö-pu/-pe
  • Attack     Osö-pu/-pe or Se-mu/-mëyö
    • Strike/Hit     Tata-ku/-ke
    • Shoot     I-ru/-yö
    • Capture     Tö-ru/-re
  • Heal     Napo-su/-se
  • Gather     Ka-ru/-re or Atu-mu/-mëyö (literally "collect")
    • Hunt     Asa-ru/-re
    • Fish     Iza-ru/-re
    • Farm     Tuku-ru/-re
  • Garrison     Papi-ru/Papi-re (literally "go inside") or Mö-ru/Mö-re (literally "protect")
  • Row    Kö-gu/-ge or Kögii-du/-deyö (literally "row out")

Will edit this post for Ainu units.

Edited by Carltonus
Fixes
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, Lopess said:

572689503_Capturadetelade2021-03-1716-33-36.png.aeedbb260e0a806ee8d596db3739e265.png

Using Stan's incredible textures and props.

Maybe one day the Yayoi will be released :, ( .

Stan m dijo que Lordgood no había podido entregar los modelos, por razones que no son claras, pero yo le pregunté si era posible reconstruirlo desde las imágenes los conceptos... Me dijo que iba a ser una tarea difícil y que no teníamos mucho equipo y personal.

Crees que tú puede reconstruir el concepto de Lordgood y terminarlo?

20 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Soy un simple principiante entusiasta, mientras que Lordgood es un maestro Samurai, bromas aparte, creo que podría hacerlo con algunos modelos 3d como base para modificar.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 5:06 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Stan m dijo que Lordgood no había podido entregar los modelos, por razones que no son claras, pero yo le pregunté si era posible reconstruirlo desde las imágenes los conceptos... Me dijo que iba a ser una tarea difícil y que no teníamos mucho equipo y personal.

I'm trying to recreate it based on the images from the forum, there's still a lot to be done for everyone who wants to help will be welcome especially about the civ icon and unit textures. I'll make a branch available in the repository I already have and with the original 3d file soon.

Captura de tela_2022-01-30_20-24-25.png

• Like 4