Share your Computer Specs!

Guest Bobo_1

Guest Bobo_1
The title is pretty self explanatory. Share your computers specs here! Tell us which games you can run on how much FPS.

I recently built my own PC, and it's pretty much the best you can get for 500$ (My budget)

- Intel i5 3470 @ 3.5 GHZ

- 8 GB DDR3 RAM

- MSI GTX 750 Ti Twin Frozr

I can run GTA 5 or Battlefield 4 on Ultra settings at 80 FPS +

CPU: Intel Pentium 2x1.7 GHz

RAM: 3 GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series

I can run any game I want but 0 A.D. (at least not fluently) and Path of Exile (Sadly)

Sidenotes:

- High framerates can cause headache and sickness ^^

- On my first LAN party I played Duke Nukem 3D on a 14'' Monitor - and reduced the viewport to a size smaller than a regular postcard... after I edited my system files so network drivers fit into the memory

My comp I built last year, the cheapest I could manage that would provide acceptable performance and could take advantage of a 64 bit OS. Basically I waited until Tiger Direct offered a barebones kit with more than 4GB of RAM. I upgraded the graphics card recently after I found a good deal on a 20" widescreen monitor, found a better card on ebay for only $30.00. The specs:

AMD A4-5300 APU 3.6 GHz

8GB RAM 800MHz

ATI HD 5750 - it's an ASUS EAH5750 Forrmula model, has a special cooling shroud supposed to make it run 13% cooler. Seems to work, it runs very cool. Got it overclocked to GPU 835 MHz/RAM 1240 MHz, up from 720/1000.

No idea what the frame rate is on 0AD, but can play Rift and rarely drop below 20 fps, which is good enough to be very playable.

The wife got me an early x-mas gift:

Alienware 13

i7 5500U CPU @2.4GHZ

16 GB RAM

2GB dedicated GTX 860m

Reinstalling all programs currently. By the way, and off-topic, any chance I can avoid spending too much time reinstalling all my programs (anyone knows how to , like, clone my old software installations to my new rig?)

The wife got me an early x-mas gift:

Alienware 13

i7 5500U CPU @2.4GHZ

16 GB RAM

2GB dedicated GTX 860m

Reinstalling all programs currently. By the way, and off-topic, any chance I can avoid spending too much time reinstalling all my programs (anyone knows how to , like, clone my old software installations to my new rig?)

If you are using windows there is https://ninite.com/

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, what did you end up paying for your rig, greenknight32?

The barebones was $259, by the time I added the HDD (1TB). optical drive, and a copy of Win7, I'd spent around $450, and had $80 worth of rebates in the form of Tiger Direct gift cards. Without the OS, about $350 before the rebates, with no peripherals (already had). Came with a 650 watt PSU, so I have power to upgrade the graphics a lot more. The case has lots of unused bays, too, but I'd have to upgrade the mobo to have enough connections to use them.

Edited by greenknight32
  • Like 2

Intel Core i5 3570 / 3.4 GHz

2 x ASUS GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5 (SLI)

Corsair Vengeance - 16 GB : 4 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins low profile - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 (RAM)

Crucial m4 - Solid state drive - 128 GB (SSD)

2 x Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (HD)

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO (motherboard)

Corsair Carbide Series 300R Window (Case)

Pretty old build but still runs very well today :)

• 2 weeks later...