Ubuntu 14.04 multimonitor issues (was: I cannot start the game!)

LeLorrain

Hello! I need help....

Under Ubuntu 14.04.3, The game splash menu is over my two screens and no button is working, except for the ¨Kown bugs¨ one which bring me to your web site forum. On top of it, part of the center image is not visibleand I cannot read what is non the center window. Unforunately, I cannot grab the desktop image to show you what I mean.

if I disable one screen it's OK! but that is not my prefered choice. After trying with on screen, I was able to skip the first welcomee screen and setup the options and, going back to two screen the game looks great except that I cannot see what is on the middle of the desktop....

I have seen the video of the game and I am anxious to be playing it.

Cheers...

RD

Using multi monitors is crazy under Linux for full screen games it is very dependent on the desktops window manager I use Mint with the Cinnamon desktop which handles 0AD quite well only using the primary monitor for full screen games :)

Enjoy the Choice :)

This is well for you to say, but I do not have Linux Mint but Ubuntu... I have other native linux games running in full creen and they take only one screen (either the mainone or the extended one, according to the settings!) 0AD could have the same kind of option!

RD

• 2 weeks later...

I have other native linux games running in full creen and they take only one screen (either the mainone or the extended one, according to the settings!) 0AD could have the same kind of option!

RD

In fact, that is exactly what should happen with the latest version of the game, when built with SDL 2 instead of SDL 1.2. The old SDL 1.2 had a number of issues with multimonitor support. Which version of the game are you playing, and is it a package or did you build it yourself? If you care to download and build the latest version from SVN and using SDL 2, I think you'll find it improved, but we need people to test: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

I only have one monitor, but reports I've seen are that most if not all such issues are fixed.

In fact, that is exactly what should happen with the latest version of the game, when built with SDL 2 instead of SDL 1.2. The old SDL 1.2 had a number of issues with multimonitor support. Which version of the game are you playing, and is it a package or did you build it yourself? If you care to download and build the latest version from SVN and using SDL 2, I think you'll find it improved, but we need people to test: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

I only have one monitor, but reports I've seen are that most if not all such issues are fixed.

I have the version from the 0ad repository: 0 A.D. Alpha 18 Rhododactylos. I am not too keen to compile the program, so I will have to wait for the next update....