Any chance of adding support for a couple things for the modding side?

chaosislife13

I really like the captureable buildings, but I'd also like to be able to make the women and other non-coms capturable, I've tried adding the capture points lines, but it doesn't seem to work for units. I'd also like to try a turncoat/surrender bit out with the combat units where they can be captured if they're either low in health or heavily outnumbered. I know you don't want units captured in the main game because then they could possibly build buildings of other cultures, but I've already got that with the buildings on my side.

Another thing I'd like support for is wandering for regular units. Again, I've tried using the lines from the deer but failure ensues. i think this would help out a bit with lag as they could drop off resources, then immediately wander a bit then stop for a few minutes. Also making them skittish like deer could be cool, as idle units could spread out and give me LOS while I'm 'too darn busy dying a hell of a lot over here!' to reassign them.

[...] I've tried adding the capture points lines, but it doesn't seem to work for units.

Siege weapons are capturable, and they are units. Which files are you modifying and how?

I'd also like to try a turncoat/surrender bit out with the combat units where they can be captured if they're either low in health or heavily outnumbered.

And some units (like heroes, or any units in the immediate vicinity of a friendly hero) shouldn't ever surrender. Probably ties in to the concept of a morale system.

Another thing I'd like support for is wandering for regular units. Again, I've tried using the lines from the deer but failure ensues. i think this would help out a bit with lag [...]

This would most likely require modification of the UnitAI component. And as the 'wandering' would require use of the pathfinder, it would more likely make performance worse.

[...] as they could drop off resources, then immediately wander a bit then stop for a few minutes.

Either I'm not understanding what you mean, or this would cause confusion from players ("Why have my gatherers stopped gathering and are now wandering off?")

Also making them skittish like deer could be cool, [...]

To be "skittish" means they run away when being attacked or an enemy unit gets too close (rather than standing their ground or attacking).

[...] as idle units could spread out and give me LOS while I'm 'too darn busy dying a hell of a lot over here!' to reassign them.

I do sort of like this idea, although as idle gatherers tend to collect around their last drop-off point, they'd have to wander a fair distance to provide useful LOS. That said, having idle gatherers move a short distance away from said drop-site so other gatherers still gathering can get to it would help prevent congestion.

Just my two pence/cents/whatever.

Siege weapons are capturable, and they are units. Which files are you modifying and how?

As far as I've been told siege weapons are handled as buildings by the engine so they use building ai, not unit ai. As for the files I was copying the

<Capturable>    <CapturePoints>500</CapturePoints>    <RegenRate>5</RegenRate>  </Capturable>

directly into the unit template.

And some units (like heroes, or any units in the immediate vicinity of a friendly hero) shouldn't ever surrender. Probably ties in to the concept of a morale system.

Makes sense for those, although it might be good if they convert dependent upon how much gold the player has to pay them with.

This would most likely require modification of the UnitAI component. And as the 'wandering' would require use of the pathfinder, it would more likely make performance worse.

Either I'm not understanding what you mean, or this would cause confusion from players ("Why have my gatherers stopped gathering and are now wandering off?")

pretty much exactly what you said at the bottom, i want them to drop off their goods, and back away from the drop site if they're not going back out to gather, or if there's too many gatherers at the resource already. They should not just stand in the way of everyone else.

To be "skittish" means they run away when being attacked or an enemy unit gets too close (rather than standing their ground or attacking).

I do sort of like this idea, although as idle gatherers tend to collect around their last drop-off point, they'd have to wander a fair distance to provide useful LOS. That said, having idle gatherers move a short distance away from said drop-site so other gatherers still gathering can get to it would help prevent congestion.

Just my two pence/cents/whatever.