A Few Things About the Atlas

KayEhn

I'm an avid long-time 0 A.D. player, and as I saw there was a new update a while back, I updated and gave the atlas another try. However, I've found there to be a few changes that I annoy me greatly, but might be fixable? First, when setting a dock, all of it has to be absurdly on land--whereas before they only needed a little on land, in order to look like a dock that actually goes in the water. Secondly, while the overlap which makes the object being set red and unable to place is handy sometimes, it prevents me (so far) from setting walls directly next to each other, or slightly overlapping so as to provide a smooth continuation. Is there a better way to create walls or disable the placement preventer so as to be able to create a seamless wall? Thanks,

KayEhn

• Like 1

The colors in Atlas are not restrictions, they are just hints. You can also place a building where it appears red. But indeed, in the case of the special buildings like walls and docks, they're bad hints.

Whenever I try to place the dock, unless almost the entirety of it is on land, it physically won't place. I'll try again, but same thing with the walls-whenever it was red, it wouldn't place it.

EDIt: You are absolutely correct, I feel so stupid. Thank you!

Edited by KayEhn
  • Like 2