The new pathfinder is (finally) in!

Itms

@Itms :

In a quick testmatch I observed some gatherers got stuck at the storehouse, also a single cav scout I sent around the map to explore got stuck in front of a single (!?) tree.

Which logfiles are needed for you devs to sort this issue out?

@Itms :

In a quick testmatch I observed some gatherers got stuck at the storehouse, also a single cav scout I sent around the map to explore got stuck in front of a single (!?) tree.

The commands.txt would be nice, but only if it is from r16764 or later (I'm sometimes changing a lot of things that can break old replays)

In any case this bug is known, and easy to reproduce. We'll try to fix it before A19 :)

@Itms :

Hey ltms and z,

I got the same problem as you z, tried the SVN yesterday and my cav was blocked by single trees when scouting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When it is out (probably in a month or so), the pathfinding lagging will be less annoying but still present. And a lot of new unit motion bugs will be here. So it is still quite "under the hood" and you'll have to wait for some time before the gameplay feels significantly better.

• Like 1

The commands.txt would be nice, but only if it is from r16764 or later (I'm sometimes changing a lot of things that can break old replays)

In any case this bug is known, and easy to reproduce. We'll try to fix it before A19 :)

Is this supposed to be fixed? I seem to still be able reproduce it (units trying to drop food and stone, continually walking in the same position next to the CC but never able to reach it and drop their load). commands.txt and screenshot with yesterday svn.

commands.txt

post-8891-0-11437200-1438256645.png

post-8891-0-11437200-1438256645_thumb.pn

• Like 1