A call to QA

Chakakhan

I am excited about the type and quantity ot the development changes occurring in this next cycle for release in A19. These change will require extensive QA and we really need people to help make the release as stable as possible.

So I am calling for all people interested in testing to contact me and I will be glad to help get you started and help keep the team focused.

I know this is a daunting task and I want to help facilitate getting tasks assigned and collecting data that is relevant and will help give the developers the focused feedback that is needed to solve problems as efficiently as possible

I will be happy to help with task organization and tracking as needed. If you are interested at forming a real QA team that will make significant impact please sign up here.

QA is paramount to having a successful alpha 19.

Cheers,

Chakakhan

• Like 5

Playing the developer version after Itms' pathfinding branch got merged into it seems to be a good start. Afaik there a few good players willing to do so...

I am a little concerned about capturing, could change current gameplay totally and will make balancing a huge task (eg should buildings be destroyable only by siege engines? And if so, will they be available earlier aso ..)

Wotever, as stated, a "Call for SVN" would really help.

• Like 1

I have been on IRC this week, and there are quite a few changes coming in daily. I have been away from the game and a lot has changed in the last few years. It struck me that my time might best be spent on testing some of these changes and organizing others to help with the testing as well.

Yea, I like the idea of getting a lobby room up for the SVN version as soon as the pathing code is checked in. I haven't played much and I suck, but all the more reason to play some games and get some experience with the game.

How were the multi-player play events setup? Did you have a tournament?

Do we have a TeamSpeak server? It would be great to have separate team interaction during the matches and then at the end of the game we could all get together and discuss how things went and what issues people saw. This would also be great for in depth design discussions.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Cheers!

• Like 1