A musical idea

Zhyyra

Hi everyone,

I'm an old fan of aoe and I think 0ad is a wonderful offspring. I find old classical music and the history of antiquity very inspiring. I have a great appreciation for the wonderful work that Omri Lahav has done with the music and I applaud him for it.

What I think would be a fun thing to do, is to do a type of musical mod, as opposed to a gameplay or graphical one.

What I have in mind is a song from the point of view of a character within the game with an accompanying video with scenes and/or footage/flythroughs using atlas or the game itself.

I think if that could be achieved successfully then it may attract more lovers of music and in turn new people to the game and hence a bit of support.

This is something that I'd love to try.

Any thoughts?

Zy

Reminds me of Warcraft III cinematic duels. In theory this can be pretty cool, however, you need stuff like lighting effects, explosions to make awesome videos, which this game is lacking - at least from my point of view. For just watching some models this engine is too weak, there are much better alternatives.

Edited by DarcReaver

Thanks for your thoughts DarcReaver. I'm glad that you think it can be cool if done well enough. If lack of awesomeness is a drawback then perhaps some (or all) of the video could be done by importing models into Blender and then taking it from there.

Another thing that I've thought of is developing a number of stills from the game into visually enriched scene shots that are related to the song.

Could you please elaborate a little on the better alternatives that you mention? I'd be very grateful.

Zy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvoeWHV2-D8

Actually, I think RTS engines are not really suited that well for cinematic stuff.. If you compare the link above with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4iul35ZcM

You see the difference... most fps engines deliver way more powerful tools for cool and awesome stuff.

Edited by DarcReaver
  • Like 1