0 AD masterpiece?

Totombo

I do not understand how it is possible that a group of volunteers in their spare time have developed this great game, best game of strategy and being found even in alpha stage, very complete with great gameplay, great graphics aspects and fun for everyone.
I compare them with other games that have professional staff and many means which you have to pay and do not become nothing good, strategy games today in my opinion are in decline, but 0AD is exactly what I missed at fault, it is the perfect strategy game.
I would like to encourage all developers with this project and thank them, and for us players we should collaborate with donations as far as possible from each.
Thanks. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
  • Like 5

The best donations you can make is actually donating your time.

You can try to fix bugs or annoyances you see (be it in the graphics or in the code), or even go further and make new stuff (again, either graphics or code).

Money donations are welcome, though of less value. We would need a lot of money to actually hire someone,

and only hiring a single person usually involves a lot of paper work, so we tend to lose more time than we win.

We also need money for some resources (like the server hosting some stuff), though that's just maintaining a pretty fast computer with a good internet connection. So not that expensive either.

• Like 1

Yeah if you read careful the homepage you can found some history about the project , is a project very ambitious ( about their goals)

Do a game like this is very expensive, even for the great studios,my he best example fue the last Age of Empires Online, they try to make a game pay to win , and sell some civilizations as DLC following a freemium model, but the game don't was like they were expecting. Because don't have art direction like a hardcore game , was more oriented casual gaming, but the RTS never was a casual genre, even is one most hardcore genre.

Now returning to 0 A.D the project have about 15 years in development, but started working around 2004 ( was the first time I meet the project), in 2009 the first pre alpha was released and the project works slow but constantly and have great standard and quality.

• Like 1

I have been player of the whole saga Age of Empires :sword_rune: and more to AOE Online, my favorite game that I spent many hours playing, I gave me very sorry when they decided to close, I thought I never would find a game of their level.

AOE Online had a good system to engage players, with the development of individual cities, the level of each player, with daily missions and their particular ranking, combining singleplayer with multiplayer, but a lousy system of economic gain for the maintenance of many servers , which they were slowly closing.

The day I met 0AD, excites me the first impression of how good it is, at first me and my friends thought it was a microsoft game and we were totally surprised when we saw it was a volunteer project. :stinker:

Money donations are welcome, though of less value. We would need a lot of money to actually hire someone,

and only hiring a single person usually involves a lot of paper work, so we tend to lose more time than we win.

Couldn't it be workable for you to commission models/textures with that money, though? You wouldn't need to hire them since it would be freelance work.