Atlas editor unit variation

Warlord

Everytime the developers upgrade the game, they forget to add the unit variation option in the Atlas editor.There are units with many varieties (spartan hoplites,greeks hoplites etc) that have different shield designs and it takes minutes to find the one you want and even HOURS to create a whole army out of them.Do you know if there is any solution to this or how i can contact the developers about it??It is really annoying and it would really help if you could somehow find the unit's design you want without having to click the unit's name again and again!!!

post-16493-0-52279800-1427838544_thumb.j
  • You can filter the search by civ: e.g spart_infantry.
  • You can filter the search by unit: e.g infantry or spearmen.
  • If you make it for a skirmish map, just use skirmish/units/default_infantry_melee_b, if you set up a civ, those default units will be the standard spearman unit from that civ.
  • If you have the unit you want, just ctrl+c and ctrl+v as many times you want.

Warlord, it's not very clear what you mean. Do variations change just because we update something on the game?

Btw, random variations are supposed to be random, so they bring more life in the game. However, you can manually select the random seed of a unit of you edit the map xml. So if you have found the right seed one, tog can just copy it over and over. I believe by default the entity id is taken as seed.

Sorry for the mix up i will try to be more comprehensible with my problem.Some units have many varied appereances in game and i like that ,for example spartan hoplites have many designs in game with different shield symbols and different helmets but what troubles me is that it's really difficult to get the specific design you want when you recruit units.In game it may take hours or more to make an army out of the units you want (spartan hoplites) with the appereance you want (scorpion on shields) but i know that variations are important in game and i like them,so i try to do this with the atlas editor.I make scenarios but it takes minutes to get a unit with the specific design you want and even hours to make a full army out of them and when you place the unit on the map a different design replace the previous one and you are forced to change the appearance,if you want to get the same design,by clicking the unit's name over and over again in the units tab so i want to know if there is a quicker way to scroll between units' different designs in order to pick the one i want to place on the map

Suggestion;it would be great when a unit with a different design doesn't get replaced by other designs automatically when you place them on the map

and if you could change the design by clicking manually the unit's name

To get the same design over and over again, you can edit the map xml by setting a seed. See the Roman Sandbox xml for examples, search for "seed".

It might take a bit of work to find the right seed, but when you found it, it's as easy as copying the seed.

For making your own units, that's called modding. Units are made out of different props (helmets, shields, weapons, ...), and you can edit those with the actor editor, or by editing the XML directly. See http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/actors/units for all different units and their looks.