New Release: 0 A.D. Alpha 18 Rhododactylos

feneur

Arch Linux already updated to alpha 18

8p

No it hasn't?

AUR version is still 17-4.

NVM, Apparently it has, but i'm not getting the new version.

Interesting.

So much for manjaro being connected to the AUR.

It took 2 days for pacmac to actually pick up that 0ad had a new version. >.>

Edited by auron2401

Well, this should be interesting. I am not even sure I will be able to play this alpha, since the last alpha didn't seem to work for me. I could start the game, and the flickering of the main menu foreground I had been experiencing on one of my computers had been fixed, but matches refused to work.

Was that problem reported? If you have an older integrated Intel GPU, it might have been a certain crash that was fixed for A18. But please report the problem if it still occurs.

I keep getting the following error, even after several seemingly successful attempts at installing Alpha 18. The really annoying thing is I have successfully installed Alpha 18 on one of my computers.

pyrogenesis.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I keep getting the following error, even after several seemingly successful attempts at installing Alpha 18. The really annoying thing is I have successfully installed Alpha 18 on one of my computers.

pyrogenesis.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Which version of Windows are you using? Is it pre-XP SP3 by chance?

I don't know if I'm the only one who has this issue but...

I'm running A18 on Linux and it laaaaaaags to the point of crawling in multiplayer mode (1fps, mouse veers left for no reason and interface is unresponsive). This is a problem that I didn't have in A17. I've worked around this issue by using the SVN version that I compiled. That one works much better. So maybe its just the package??

idk, but curious to see if others have this issue.

What distro?

Ubuntu 14.04

I also compiled it to use multiple cores, perhaps the precompiled package is limited in that sense?

The lag in multiplayer game has got to be the biggest 'bug' in the game right now IMO.

A question on multiplayer mode, is it possible to notify the other players when one hits the pause button? This is just infuriating when you think it's lagging then you learn someone hit pause, went afk and didn't think to mention it.

The really weird thing is, I have never had this problem before with any of the previous alphas on that machine. It sounds like this problem is the definition of bizarre.

We changed the compiler used to build the release on Windows to a newer version, so it's not extremely surprising to have these issues, XP support is slowly dying since last year.

A quick post just to say "Thank You" to you all for this beautiful release.

The game is becoming always better from release to release and I'm really impressed about how I can play smooth on Ubuntu 14.04 with only an integrated Intel HD 3000.

So, really, thank you and keep up the good work!!!

Edited by Staffo
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...